I have some great news that I’m really excited to share with you.
In addition to our approvals by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) and the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA), Aromahead Institute is now approved by the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists (IFPA)!
is one of the largest international Aromatherapy organizations. In addition to being a widely respected voice in the fields of holistic and natural care, the IFPA also accredits Aromatherapy schools, and Aromahead Institute is now one of their accredited schools.
This means that if you complete Aromahead’s Aromatherapy Certification Program
and the Advanced Graduate Program
(360 hours total), you qualify for full membership with the IFPA and can practice Aromatherapy in the UK, throughout Europe, and in many other countries around the world (such as Japan and China).
Aromahead has students from all over the world, and we are so happy to support their IFPA membership!
Aromahead Institute’s Botanica2016 contest raised just over $10,000 for the three essential oil distillers below to come to the conference!
- Boswellness is a Vermont-based company importing frankincense and myrrh resin from the country of Somaliland. They distill these resins in Vermont, USA into essential oils and hydrosols, which they then distribute worldwide to Aromatherapists, personal care product manufacturers, alternative medicine practitioners, and more.
- Wild Herbs of Crete has been collecting and distilling essential oils exclusively from wild-growing plant populations in Crete, Greece, an island known since antiquity for the quality of its aromatic and therapeutic plants.
- PhiBee Aromatics have been studying the native plants of the American Southwest together for 23 years. In 2005, they bought their first still, and since then have distilled 77 different species of plants, from seven distinctive bio-regions in Arizona.
Aromahead created this raffle to allow these small-scale producers to participate at Botanica2016.
100% of the proceeds are going to the distillers’ flights to the conference, as well as their room and board. Below is a list of winners and the prize(s) they won from each company:
- Natalya B. (Sammamish, WA) – four sets of Aroma-Spheres with a 5 ml essential oil blend from Essential Elements
- Black Violet (Edgewater, MD) – one Aromatherapy consultation from Essential Education International
- Ann S. (Williamson, NY) – gift basket from Tata Harper
- Allison B. (Beverly, MA), Wendy W. (Charlotte, NC), and Fiona W. (Dalkeith, Midlothian, UK) – Aromatic Wisdom Institute’s “Green Cleaning with Essential Oils” online course
- Miriam M. (Blair, NE) – $150 gift card from Patrick Smith Botanicals
- Tadgi D. (Williamsville, NY), Suzan J. (Land O Lakes, FL), and Jennifer G. (Charlotte, VT) – three roll-ons from the Aum*Aroma line and three copies of Gina’s new book, Faith and The Fragrance Fairy from Essential Body Wisdom
- Linda B. (Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada) – one-year subscription to LabAroma
- Denise S. (Newman Lake, WA), Angela H. (Enfield, NH), and Julie V. (Pocatello, ID) – back issues (hard copies) of the IJCA and and three proceedings from Botanica2012 and Botanica2014 from Essential Oil Resource Consultants
- Debra M. (Mt Maunganui, Bay of Plenty, NZ), Denise J. (Brampton, Ontario, Canada), Cheryl M. (Savannah, MO) – a comprehensive consultation from Gabriel Mojay, founder of the Institute of Traditional Herbal Medicine and Aromatherapy
- Leslie G. (Goddard, KS) – one-year membership as a Hydrosol Supporter, an autographed copy of Harvest to Hydrosol written by Ann Harman, and an Alchemy poster from Circle H Institute
- Susanne K. (London, England) – $150 gift card to Stillpoint Aromatics
- Victoria Y. (Bow, WA) – one-year subscription to the International Journal of Professional Holistic Aromatherapy
- Anne D. (Middlesex, England) and Melanie P. (Bognor Regis, West Sussex, England) – $150 gift certificate to Aromatics International
- Julie V. (Pocatello, ID) – a gift basket with 21 Drops‘ Daily Dose Kit, Crunch Time Kit, Detox Blend, Equalize Blend, and Inspire Blend
- Constance B. (Falls Church, VA) – a signed copy of Robert Tisserand‘s book, Essential Oil Safety.
- Heather B. (Hampton Cove, AL) – four books from Jennifer Peace Rhind and her publisher Singing Dragon
- Cinda K. (Orlando, FL) – PhiBee Aromatics‘ Conifer Collection: 4 Fir Oils, 3 Pine Oils and Blue Spruce
I hope to see you at Botanica2016 September 2–6 in Brighton, England! The three distillers we sponsored will be speaking, sharing their motivation and passion for producing quality essential oils for our industry, and introducing us to their individual specialties.