Enjoy an entertaining and inspiring journey through the extraordinary human body, taught by Cindy Black.
Learn the complexities of anatomy and physiology, and apply them to your practice of aromatherapy!
In this four-day study, we will focus on core concepts and systems most applicable to aromatherapists. This class is created for the aromatherapist with minimal or no anatomy and physiology background. The class can also serve as a great review for those who have basic anatomy and physiology training, but have not applied it.
Included in this course is free access and a permanent password to Aromahead’s Online Anatomy and Physiology (A&P) course. The online course includes more extensive materials than we will cover in the four-day course, and will be of great assistance to your ongoing study of A&P.
General outline of the 4 day class:
- Overview of the body’s structure.
- Structure and function of the cell, the fundamental unit of life.
- Circulation, respiration, olfaction.
- Structure and function of skin and mucous membranes.
- Inter-connection of nervous system, immune function, emotions and mind (psycho-neuro-immunology).
- How different aromatherapy applications (steam, inhalation, lotion, etc.) affect each system to promote healing and maintain balance.
Class is limited to 12 people.
Dates: April 30-May 3 (4 days)
Times: 9:30 am-5:30 pm
Location: Aromahead Institute, Sarasota, Florida
Tuition $500, includes permanent password access to the 76 hour Online Anatomy and Physiology Class (the cost of the online class is usually $250)
Latest posts by Cindy (see all)
- Tropical Flower Essences - March 25, 2009
- New Class: Anatomy and Physiology For Aromatherapists - March 19, 2009
- White Pine and Hemlock - August 18, 2008