Aromatherapy e-Book: Your suggestions encouraged!

by Andrea on August 11, 2009

aromatherapy e-bookI am currently writing an aromatherapy e-book on using essential oils in everyday life. I’ll be sharing the oils we love, the ones that nourish us, and the blends we can’t imagine living without.

When I reflect on how deeply integrated essential oils are in my life, and how they are my main source of medicine, I am grateful for my knowledge. I have a burning desire to share this information with anyone who is excited to bring essential oils more fully into their lives.

The aromatherapy e-book will include information about the oils and how to use them in simple yet profound ways.

I’m offering all my favorite recipes for cleaning, emotional support and healing the body from illness. There is a section for kids, recipes for travel and much more.

I would love your input! I want to quote those of you who love the oils and are delighted to share your information. How do you use essential oils in your daily life? Do you have recipes you find yourself making over and over? What do you clean your house with? What do you take traveling?

Every day I feel blessed to have essential oils in my life and the opportunity to share about them on this blog. Thanks for reading and commenting–you keep me inspired!

Andrea

Owner/Instructor at Aromahead Institute

Latest posts by Andrea (see all)

Get free essential oil recipes and tips emailed to you!

Jai Dev Singh August 11, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Hi Andrea,
We have lots of info on our site as well as a testimonial page from everyday people using essential oils in their life with wonderful results. You’re welcome to look around our site and see if there is anything you might want to use. If so, let me know and I’ll arrange for that info to be available for your book. http://www.floracopeia.com
good luck!

Jai Dev Singh
Floracopeia

twitter.com/floracopeia
facebook.com/floracopeia

Andi August 11, 2009 at 2:52 pm

I use cloth diapers on my daughter, and they require very gentle detergents that don’t always eliminate strong odors (and believe me when I tell you that cloth diapers can have some very strong odors!).

I find that while the gentle detergents clean well enough, a little Tea Tree and Lavender oil in the rinse cycle helps to eliminate the deep-set odors. The added benefit is the disinfectant properties of Tea Tree and the relaxing aroma of lavender! I also add a few drops to a smelly diaper pail when it starts getting full :)

Maria August 11, 2009 at 8:08 pm

I also use TT and Lavender in my diaper laundry. I do about five drops of Tea Tree in the soak, and about three drops of Lav in the rinse!

Kim August 11, 2009 at 9:07 pm

I love to use essential oils in inhalers because it gives users the ability to carry around their therapeutic blends with them in their pockets, purses, and backpacks and use at a moments notice.

Specially selected blends can be made up in advance for many different situations like allergies and sinus, sleep issues, cravings, headaches, emotions, and many more.

I especially love the blend I make to enhance the immune system and my family and I use it whenever we are exposed to anyone with a germs and flu, or when we are traveling, especially on an airplane.

I use Vetiver, an aroma I never thought that I’d come to like but now love, for its antiseptic and immune stimulating qualities. I also include Lavender for its antiseptic, antibacterial, and bactericidal qualities and Eucalyptus Globulus for its antimicrobial and antiseptic qualities. Ho Wood is another favorite and I include it in the inhaler for its anti-infectious, bactericidal and immune supporting abilities. Lastly, I add beautifully aromatic Rosewood because I like it and because it’s amazingly immune supportive. Just inhale and be healthy!

Michele Carroll August 13, 2009 at 9:52 am

I love to keep an inhaler handy at work soaked with a blend of Lavender, Tea Tree & Eucalyptus Radiata. When co-workers start coughing and sneezing, I whip out my inhaler and take a few whiffs. Since using & working with essential oils, I rarely get colds.

Patti Gelini August 21, 2009 at 1:51 pm

First off, I think this e book is a great idea! I also love inhalers and recently tried a few with the younger crowd 8 & 9. A few moms I know have pretty active kids with minds that never shut off. We decided to let the kids pick some oils that they like. I used 8 drops of frankincense plus the favorite choice of the kids. I used mostly citrus oils. Lime, Orange, Mandarin, Grapefruit and lemon. The kids thought this was great and keep saying “mmmmmmm”. All thought their minds were relaxed. Pretty cute stuff.

Anastasia Show January 14, 2010 at 6:45 pm

My husband is a horticulturalist who spends long hours in his boots, even in summer. Athlete’s foot was a recurring problem he used to treat with repeated applications of medicated foot powders. Now that essential oils have come into our lives we are both amazed at how much better frankincense works than anything he’s used before. The problem went away overnight. (An added bonus is that he finds the scent of frankincense both bracing and manly.) I suggested he apply it occasionally as a preventive measure, but I haven’t checked to see if he has done so.

Recently he has been fighting a cold, and last night he applied a drop of frankincense blended with e.v. olive oil topically to his throat and said his sore throat disappeared instantly. He grinned at me and coaxingly suggested I give him one of my bottles of frankincense because I have two ;-)

Last month he was persuaded to apply one drop of lavender neat (3x daily) to a finger that was slow to repair after a serious infection. Lavender is not his favorite scent to wear and at first he balked, but then agreed to try it. He reported that he thought he could actually feel it working, so it was worth using it for the short term. He was very satisfied after a couple of days of application to find that it seemed to help the healing process tremendously.