Citrus Essential Oils: Three Great Recipes for Fall

by Andrea Butje on September 21, 2010

Citrus essential oilsAs the weather turns toward fall, I’m drawn to using my citrus essential oils. I diffuse them, make cleaning products with them, and add them into my body care products.

When I leave the house, I turn on my Spa Mist Diffuser and let it run (it has an auto shut off function). When I return home, the house smells amazing!

Here are some of my favorite ways to use citrus essential oils as fall sets in.

My Current Diffuser Recipe

5 drops Orange essential oil
5 drops Lime essential oil
3 drops Grapefruit essential oil

Cleaning Glass Tables, Windows and Tile

8 oz spray bottle
1 teaspoon white vinegar
40 drops Lemon essential oil
40 drops Lime essential oil

Fill the spray bottle with water, then add the vinegar and essential oils, and you’re good to go!

Salt Scrub

4 oz PET plastic jar with cap
3 oz pink Himalayan salt (or any course salt you like)
1/2 oz jojoba oil
1/2 oz coconut oil
20 drops Orange essential oil

Mix all ingredients into the salts with a spoon. Use a small handful as a scrub for your body during your shower. Rinse off.
I leave my scrub right in the shower for easy access. After my shower, my skin feels clean and moisturized by the salt and oils.

I love all my citrus oils! They are cleansing, uplifting and the aromas are so refreshing.

* If you like this post and want to share it on your Facebook page, click the Facebook icon below!

Get our blog posts delivered to your inbox!

Lori Gosselin September 22, 2010 at 9:30 am

These recipes sound great! I’m facebooking this post! Thanks!

Joan September 22, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I just got my first Spa Mist diffuser and I really like it. I noticed Andrea’s citrus diffusion had 15 drops. Is it ok to add 15 drops? I was only putting in 2-3.

Joan September 22, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Thanks, Andrea! As I write, my dog positioned himself about 6 ft. from the mist–he appears to like this blend…..

Diane Campbell September 22, 2010 at 10:35 pm

The diffuser blend is really fresh and crisp – maybe a drop of coriander, to greet the fall?

carte March 22, 2011 at 3:27 am

Your blog seems quite informative. I appreciated it. So much useful stuff. I read with great interest.

Shamin Aroma April 10, 2012 at 12:55 am

the lemon/lime cleaning spray works a treat! The great thing about it is it doesn’t have any harsh chemicals as long as you use 100% natural essential oils.

tanie kopiarki April 23, 2012 at 6:24 am

So fascinating! My partner and I don’t suppose We have studied anything like this before. So great to find another person together with some unique ideas on this particular topic. Really thank you, this site is something that is required on the internet, someone with originality.

Roseanne Kelly August 6, 2013 at 9:18 am

how many drops of lemon and lime oils for the cleaning spray and what do you mix it with.