A New Component Database

by Andrea Butje on April 10, 2011

Component databaseAromahead Institute recently launched a new Component Database, a subscription-based online tool for researching essential oil components and their therapeutic actions.

A component database subscription gives you access to exclusive datasheets compiled by Andrea Butje and Robert Tisserand. Each datasheet includes a molecular structure illustration, chemical family, therapeutic properties, medicinal actions, safety concerns, notes and detailed references.

Feel free to visit the database website at http://components.aromahead.com/ to see the list of which components are included. The site tour is a great way to get acquainted with it.

We’ve also set up an affiliate program for the database. Adding an affiliate link to the database on your website provides an opportunity for you to generate some extra income. As an affiliate, you’ll receive a $25 commission for every subscription sold through a text link or banner on your website.

I’m excited about the affiliate link! If you would like to participate, follow this link to sign up! I’ll approve your affiliate request, and then you (or your web designer) can easily copy the code needed to embed the banner or link on your website.

Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)

Get free essential oil recipes and tips emailed to you!

KC Rossi-Heart Blossom Essentials April 11, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Hi Andrea~
I am super excited for the Component Database. It is an imperative piece of creating therapeutic blends for specific needs.
Thank you for all your efforts…paving the way for clear, concise and informative essential oil information.
Breathe Joy,
kc

Lucy Miller April 14, 2011 at 7:47 am

Andrea-
Well you have done it again – exceeded all expectations! The component database is outstanding. I am so impressed. I find the information useful and essential to the practice of aromatherapy and product formulation. The information is science based, useful and comprehensive. I so appreciate that I can go to one place to find factual science based information.

Thank you Andrea for raising the bar on aromatherapy and aromatherapeutics.

Pam Dore April 14, 2011 at 8:32 am

When Andrea first introduced the component database I was so amazed and excited about the wealth of information at my finger tips. In its revised format, it is even more incredible. I have been on it almost daily just navigating throughout the database and have found it to be such a remarkable resource with unlimited possibilities for usage. I highly recommend it to everyone who is an “aromaholic” to use the database. Thanks Andrea for all of your hard work and dedication you put in to this database and everything you do.

indrani April 14, 2011 at 8:42 am

Hi Andrea
The Component Database is awesome!! Very thorough and yet so simple to navigate through.It has made my ‘blending -life’ so much simpler!
Thanks
Indrani

Joyce Martin April 14, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Hiya Andrea,
Thank you so much for the concerted effort you put into the component database. It is thorough and so easy to use, I find that I am constantly consulting the database when creating therapeutic blends. I can’t thank you enough for this incredible resource.
~ Joyce

Cha April 14, 2011 at 2:10 pm

When I took my initial certification class, what was most interesting to me was understanding and blending with the therapeutic qualities in mind. I inquired about a source book for the therapeutic qualities, b/c I felt they were key to any serious blending.
Of course, there was no such book…Until now. With Aromahead’s “little book” we can seriously blend. The greatest thing about this book is that it keeps growing and growing…plus there is so much research opportunity, and documented references, cross-references, it is easy to use, educational and fun! And lots of big words!
I am deeply grateful for this data-base, for the time and energy it has taken and for Andrea’s essence in it. I get to enjoy a labor of love and experience a work of art and education anytime I need it.

Nancy Scott April 14, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Andrea, your component database is my first, and preferred, “go to” internet source for timely and accurate information. When I am formulating a product, or just want essential oil chemistry, the first thing I do is check your component database. Often, everything I need to know is there, and I don’t have to spend hours searching other websites, or browsing (often irrelevant, or out of date) printed material.
It is invaluable!
Thanks for conceiving of the idea, and the time and effort you put in to execute it!

Khay Ali April 14, 2011 at 8:30 pm

The Component Database that has been developed by Aromahead is phenomenal! The expansive search selections are tremendously helpful to my understanding. Without a doubt, I’ve broadened my knowledge of chemical components/characteristics with this easily accessible resource (with super detail). I use it as my first source when researching oils for my blends. Truth is, I trust the work that Aromahead Institute has produced– need I look further? I am also awed that Robert Tisserand lent an assist to this superb effort! Thanks, again, Andrea and Aromahead. I think it’s all I need (and then some)!

Cynthia Brownley April 14, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I am so grateful for all the effort that has gone into creating this database. Being able to search the database for each of the components, I found was so helpful in creating safe, effective blends for my clients. Having this information available to me allows me to feel fully assured that my clients are receiving the proper chemical components to assist in their wellness using essential oils. As a Clinical Aromatherapist, I am so thankful that Aromahead’s Database is there for me as an invaluable resource!

Chris Carrothers April 15, 2011 at 2:54 pm

This amazing interactive tool allows me to easily access relevant, accurate and up-to-date information about essential oil chemical components that is key to blending effectively and safely. So much information in one easy-to-navigate location. Just like the yellow pages slogan ~ “I let my fingers do the walking” (or in this case, the mouse do the scrolling ;-) to make the best choices for each blend! It’s brilliant!!

Much thanks to you, Andrea, for enriching the lives of Aromatherapists by creating this phenomenal tool! Thank you to Mr. Tisserand as well for his invaluable imput.

Terese Miller DOM, CA April 20, 2011 at 11:56 am

It is always important to have reliable information when endeavoring to achieve superior results in anything in life. In the world of Aromatherapy, having a reliable resource for the most current scientific data regarding chemical components increases your success as a blender and your credibility as an authority in the field. Never was this so evident as when I began to teach students at the certification level. Students today are very discerning. Andrea Butje and Robert Tisserand have combined forces to create “the last word” in their Component Database. This easy to navigate site is where I go with all my questions and those of my students. Another great feature is the authors dedication to ongoing updates. In a field so rich with current research it is comforting to know that as developments occur this beautiful tool will be updated appropriately. It is well worth the investment, and a great value to any student or professional.

Cary Caster April 24, 2011 at 4:47 pm

This database is an invaluable tool to any aromatherapist that really wants to understand why and how the components in our precious Essential Oils really work! I refer to it on a regular basis to explain to my clients what the chemistry is behind the “mystery” and begin to explain the science of how the components work on our physiology. It is obviously a work and labor of love- so Andrea, I am so thankful for all your time, effort and experience that went into creating this! A major thank you!

Annette April 25, 2011 at 12:20 pm

This is an indispensable tool that enables your skills as an aromatherapists to reach new heights! Now I can work from my intuitive mind and couple it with a science-based foundation. This allows me to offer the fullest potential to my clients! Awesome in its scope and impact. Thank you.

Elizabeth Hornak April 29, 2011 at 6:14 am

The component database is an invaluable tool for aromatherapists. The research Andrea has put into this project in unparalleled. The ease of use, the layout and the scientific information is first class. I am deeply grateful for this resource and highly recommend the database for anyone using essential oils.

Zena June 3, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Andrea,

You completely spoil us, time and again. girl!!!! The component database is the ‘IT’ or should I say ‘ MUST HAVE’ FOR AROMATHERAPISTS….
With a knowledge of aromatherapy and the Component Database one is off to blending with near precision form the word go.
When I am talking to clients I use the Component Database as a tool and example of how blends can be made from an effective and targeted perspective. I almost only think of blending from a component aspect, but then I refer to all the other aspects that can be taken into consideration e.g plant part, country of origin, aroma and all the rest of it.

Thank you Andrea for making the world a better place, You are a genius.
Zena