Making your own vanilla infused jojoba is easy!
Add about a half of an ounce of vanilla oleoresin (1 tablespoon) to a gallon of jojoba. After about two weeks, your jojoba will be infused with the rich aroma of the vanilla.
You can let this oleoresin sit in the gallon until you finish using the jojoba. I’ve refilled that same gallon jug with more jojoba, and the vanilla continues to do its magic!
If you don’t have the oleoresin, you can use about 10 fresh vanilla bean pods (see photo). After the two weeks of infusing, take the pods out of the gallon jug of jojoba. You’ll need new ones if you want to start the process again.
a delicious and soothing vanilla and citrus lip balm
10 drops distilled Lime
5 drops Orange (Sweet)
1 oz Beeswax Pellets — Organic
1 oz Vanilla Infused Jojoba Oil — Certified Organic
2 oz Coconut Oil — Virgin and Organic
Lip balm tubes (size: about 5 mLs)
Lip balm tray
- Melt 1 oz beeswax and 1 oz vanilla jojoba in a double boiler.
- Once melted, add 2 oz coconut oil.
- Once melted, take off the stove and add the lime and orange essential oils.
- Stir and pour immediately (or use a pipette or dropper) into lip balm tubes (this is easiest if you have a lip balm tray for holding the tubes while you pour).
For a double boiler, try a Pyrex measuring cup rested in a soup pot filled halfway with water. This recipe makes about 24 sticks if you use a 5 mL size tube. How many tubes you fill will vary according to how high you fill them, and how exact you (and your scale) are when you weigh your ingredients.
Vanilla and Lavender Salt Scrub
a skin soothing shower scrub
3 oz salts (I like 2 oz of pink Himalayan salts mixed with 1 oz of Epsom salts)
3 oz vanilla jojoba
1 oz dried organic lavender flowers
15 drops Lavender essential oil
4 oz jar
- Grind all the salts and the lavender flowers in a small coffee grinder until they are a fine texture. (I have a separate grinder reserved for bath salts, as coffee tasting like vanilla and lavender bath salts can be a bummer first thing in the morning!)
- Add the vanilla jojoba to the salts and stir.
- Add your essential oils and mix.
Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)
- Distiller Spotlight: Naturalness - September 15, 2014
- 72 Aromatherapy Recipes On The Go with the Aromahead App! - September 8, 2014
- Aromatherapy Organizations Around the World - September 2, 2014