The Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) is a vibrant organization run by a wonderful group of dedicated Aromatherapists.
The following quote is from the conference flyer:
“The AIA International Aromatherapy Conference & Wellness Expo is where progressive aromatherapists and professional practitioners will gather to explore the future of aromatics in integrative healthcare. Join us and be inspired by renowned experts and discover the ways aromatherapy can be integrated into a variety of healthcare settings, from clinical environments to yoga, psychotherapy, skin care, spa and more. Discover the latest research and application techniques to enhance your practice.”
Date: September 29 — October 3, 2011
Location: Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, Minnetonka, MN
Price: Before May 31 $450 for members, $550 for non members. See AIA conference website for more details or call for information 877-531-6377
Check out the great line up of speakers!
- Mary Jo Kreitzer, PhD, RN, FAAN, Keynote Presenter, Integrative Health: Pathway to True Health Reform
- Jane Buckle, PhD, RN, Keynote Presenter, Aromatherapy in Hospitals and Post-Conference: M-Technique for Hands & Feet
- Rhiannon Harris Pre-Conference: Aromatherapy for Skin Integrity: A Clinical Challenge and Aromatherapy in Cancer and Palliative Care in the U.K.
- Mindy Green, MS, AHG, RA, Intuitive Methods of Oil Selection for Chakra Balancing
- Raphael d’Angelo, M.D. Essential Oils and the Human Body
- Kris Wrede, Aromatherapist & Natural Perfumer Aromatherapy Trends in Spa & Skin Care and Post-Conference: Advanced Perfumery
- Debbie Freund, RN, CCAP, Pre-Conference: Scenting the Sacred Self and Demystifying Essential Oil Chemistry
- Howard Freund, PhD, Demystifying Essential Oil Chemistry
- Linda Halcon, PhD, MPH, RN, Essential Oil Research: Strategies and Pitfalls
- Sharon Tessier, MA, MS and Tanya Holtz, Healing Transformation & Creative Expression
- Pam Conrad, RN, BSN, PGd, CCAP, A Clinical Study: Reducing Anxiety and Depression in High Risk Post Partum Mothers
- Cindy Black, L.Ac, Psychoneuroimmunology (PNI): The Anatomy of the Body-Mind Connection (I will be at this lecture for sure!)
- Nancy Cullen Graves, BS, MBA, CA, Aromatic Kundalini Yoga
- Bev Day, MBA, CFE, RA, Business Stuff: It’s Not That Hard!
- Katharine Koeppen, RA, LMT, NCTMB, Transforming Terrain: Essential Oils for Uncovering Your Client’s True Nature
- Lora Cantele, RA, CMAIA, CSRT, The Future of AIA, Aromatherapy and You
- Bill McGilvray, Essential Oils of Australia
I went to this conference two years ago and loved it! It is the perfect venue to connect with other aromatherapists, learn from people who have been in the aromatherapy field for many years and enjoy a fun trade show. Aromatics International will be there selling essential oils, and of course Aromahead Institute will have a booth–hope to see you there!
Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)
- Balm of Gilead Infused Oil for Massage - October 24, 2016
- The Lavender Way: Lavender Distillers & Stewards of the Land - October 17, 2016
- All Natural Diaper Rash Spray Recipe - October 10, 2016