Essential Oil Inhalers for Allergy Symptoms
Allergies can cause headaches from the pressure of nasal congestion. Often these headache can be relieved by using essential oil inhalers. Use the inhaler every 15 minutes for an hour whenever a headache starts to come on. The inhaler can also be used to ease the congestion itself.
- 4 drops Balsam Fir essential oil (Abies balsamea)
- 3 drops Peppermint essential oil (Mentha piperita)
- 3 drops Eucalyptus essential oil (Eucalyptus globulus)
- 5 drops Frankincense Essential Oil (Boswellia carterii)
Directions: Add these oils to the cotton part of a blank inhaler.
Allergies can improve with the regular use of essential oils! If you suffer sinus congestion, try doing the steam below two times a day for a week. Then take a break for a few days and do it again twice a day for another week. If you notice an improvement, continue using the steams for a few weeks.
- 25 drops Balsam Fir essential oil (Abies balsamea)
- 25 drops Eucalyptus dives essential oil (Eucalyptus dives)
- 15 drops Laurel Leaf essential oil (Laurus nobilis)
- 40 drops Tea Tree essential oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Directions: In a glass orifice reducer bottle, blend the essential oils undiluted for an inhaler or steam. To do a steam, add one drop of this blend to a bowl of steamy water. Make sure the water is just steaming, not boiling. CLOSE YOUR EYES, lean over the bowl and breathe in the oil. To enhance the effects, use a towel over your head to create a tent. You only need one drop. No need to add another drop–even if you no longer smell the oils while steaming, they are still working.
If you’ve successfully used essential oils for your allergies, let us know by adding a comment below! Any of your favorite recipes are welcome, too.