Lotus Moon Medicinals is a certified organic farm in South Londonderry, Vermont owned by Lini Mazumdar.
Lini is an herbalist certified from the Southwestern School of Botanical Medicine. She also has a Masters of Education in Counseling Psychology from Columbia University, and has been initiated in the Medicine Buddha tradition by Dr. Yeshi Dhonden, former physician to His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
Lini has been growing certified organic herbs and making products in Vermont for the past 14 years. But she only began her study in Ayurvedic Nutritional Counseling this year. She’s already certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners, and will start conducting nutritional consultations, growing ayurvedic herbs and making products with them in 2012.
The small classic 1800’s Vermont hill farm is nestled on a ten-acre slope above the West River in the village of South Londonderry, Vermont. Keeping a community-based farm with agritourism as its market niche in the Green Mountains is a challenge, but the rich soil, clean water and great neighbors make it all worthwhile. Their crop diversity and friendliness is their strength, and they have a fantastic mix of products easily available throughout the season.
Lini grows Certified Organic heirloom vegetables, and culinary and medicinal herbs. At the farm, they grow two acres of mixed annual vegetables, culinary herbs, medicinal herbs, blueberries, raspberries, apples, pears and hops! The farm has an additional 3,000 sq. ft. of greenhouse production that expands the traditional growing season.
But the traditional growing season is a great time to go! The farm hosts many special events during those months. They also host students of all ages in both the field and the barn classroom. Their farm tours, special events, and workshops are all popular.
- Bug Off: a natural and safe insect repellent, free of citronella and DEET
- Fabulous Face and Hand Cream, with ingredients so clean it’s almost edible!
- Salves for all sorts of skin conditions
- Bath salts, with their own flowers and herbs
- Massage oils
- Nerve and Muscle Cream with wild crafted St. John’s Wort and farm-grown Arnica
- Aromatherapy sprays enhanced with flower essences
Order by email or phone
Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)
- What are Top, Middle, and Base Notes? - January 26, 2015
- Winter Aromatherapy Bath Salt Recipe - January 19, 2015
- Look Inside a Free Online Aromatherapy Class: Introduction to Essential Oils - January 12, 2015