I believe in the healing potential of essential oils, and I love seeing businesses promoting all their varied uses–household cleaning and skin care, as well as emotional and physical well being.
So for those of you out there growing your businesses, I’ve put together some aromatherapy business tips. I hope you find them useful!
- Retail: What are your best-selling products? Can you create an additional, similar product with a twist? For example, if your lip balm sells really well, can you add a lip gloss, a new flavor, and a larger size? Remember to describe the differences between the products: the lip gloss for a special evening out, or the larger size lip balm for the winter months.
- Social networking: It’s surprisingly easy to set up your own YouTube channel and create short educational videos. I’m amazed at how many people tell me they found our Aromahead Institute classes through one of my little videos!
- Photos: Can marketing your business really be as simple as taking photographs? There are several excellent, free sites to organize and store your photos. Aromahead Institute uses Flickr. When I ask students in our classes how they heard about Aromahead Institute, there are always a handful that say, “I saw your pictures and I just knew this was the right place for me.” So much can be communicated about your business through your photos!
- Inspiration: Have you considered asking your friends on Facebook for suggestions on how to grow your business? Or another, more relevant question? Some of the best–and most generous–advice I have received has been in response to a question I asked on Facebook!
Please feel free to post your business tips in the comments section below–or ask a business question!
Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)
- Yuzu Essential Oil - April 14, 2014
- The Trip of a Lifetime! - April 7, 2014
- A Natural Approach: Inhalers for Sleep, Sinus Infection, Anxiety - March 31, 2014