Have you Written a Mission Statement for your Business?

by Andrea Butje on August 17, 2012

mission statement for your businessA mission statement describes the purpose of your business.

Having a mission statement for your business answers the question “Why do we exist?”  It tells people why you created your business in the first place. (And sometimes you may need it to remind you why, as well!)

Here are a few examples of mission statements I appreciate:

Disney – To make people happy.
Mary Kay – To give women unlimited opportunity.
Marriott – To make people away from home feel they are among friends and really wanted.
Facebook – Giving people the power to share and make the world more open and connected.

If you’re running your own business, have you taken the time to make a mission statement? It takes some real thought about your motivations, but it’s a great way to get clear and keep yourself on track. A great aromatherapy mission statement might be, “To give people natural, aromatic tools to heal themselves.”

If you already have a mission statement for your business, please share it in the comment section below!

Get our blog posts delivered to your inbox!

Rachel August 18, 2012 at 9:05 am

Terra Organic Spa is a massage therapy and skin care based health spa, offering professional services to support positive transformation in people’s lives.

P.S. I highly recommend Aromahead Institute’s Building Web Presence Online course!

Melanie Kasper August 18, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Society Wellness:
Making vitamins cool and wellness a way of life.
and where:
Great things come from health.

Paula Moller August 18, 2012 at 2:20 pm

“Awaken your inner athlete” ! Is my mission statement..
Iam a personal trainer and coach-

Mindy August 19, 2012 at 7:48 pm

“To offer people healthy alternatives to chemical-based products, and to provide education about why these products are a smart choice.”

Andrea Giordano August 20, 2012 at 6:53 am

“To offer Great Organic E.O.’s at a price all can afford”.
A Pre-Buy co-op is the way to go, it brings the price down for all of us when we buy in bulk.

Marika Fleri August 23, 2012 at 7:44 am

To Introduce you to the wonderful world of Aromatherapy:)

Maria A. August 26, 2012 at 10:02 am

These are great mission statements! This gives me ideas on how to condense my thoughts into a concise idea. My goal is to relieve pain and stress and increase health and wellness through massage.

Diego Hernández April 10, 2013 at 1:38 am

My name is Diego, i’m the founder and distiller at Ascencial, my professional life-time project. It is my dream and therefore my mission to develope and introduce to this beautiful business of Aromatherapy native colombian essential oils, distilled from material grown by farmers who work with food safety, fair trade and the conservation of our biodiversity. It is also my goal to introduce Professional Aromatherapy to my country. Thanks

Liz Fulcher April 10, 2013 at 5:52 am

“Offer quality education and inspire creativity!” Andrea, I’d like to the mission statement for Aromahead!
Liz Fulcher recently posted…Fragrant Friday: Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens)My Profile

Yoshy June 19, 2013 at 9:12 pm

“Indulge your senses with aromatherapy…”

Mishka June 21, 2013 at 8:38 am

Trinity Botanicals offers natural body care products made with a combination of healing herbs, infused oils, aromatherapy and love to inspire health and nurture inner beauty.