Linen Spray

by Andrea Butje on September 4, 2012

Linen spray recipeI appreciate linen sprays so much that I’ve written three other blog posts with different recipes over the past two years!

You can find those posts here: 8 Hours of Sleep, Dust Mites and Need More Sleep. All three posts have a linen spray recipe or idea for you.

Here I am again. Another linen spray recipe. This one’s a current favorite and I take it with me traveling!

In a 2 oz (60 ml) spray bottle combine:
2 oz (60 ml) Vetiver hydrosol
5 drops Vetiver essential oil (Vetiveria zizanoides)
3 drops Orange essential oil (Citrus sinensis)
5 drops Lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia)

I recommend making this product fresh every few weeks, as it does not have a preservative in it.

Along with the aroma sending me right off to sleep, the oils offer immune support. So what’s not to love about linen sprays? Enjoy!

Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)

Get our blog posts delivered to your inbox!

Carrie A Groff December 30, 2014 at 9:42 am

Thanks for sharing these! I’m new to essential oils and these recipes are great! Will definitely be using these.

Andrea Butje December 30, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Thanks for the compliment Carrie! If you haven’t checked our free class, Introduction to Essential Oils, I’d definitely recommend it if you’re a beginner! :)

sami December 30, 2014 at 9:49 am

Where do you suggest I obtain Vetiver hydrosol?

Andrea Butje December 30, 2014 at 12:54 pm
Lillian Simmons December 30, 2014 at 3:49 pm

This blend looks amazing and I want to make it. But, I can’t use Lavender Essential Oil, because I am a breast cancer survivor and was told not to use lavender essential because it has an effect on estrogen. Please recommend a substitute for the lavender oil and the amount to use.Thank for all the wonderful recipes and teaching on the many uses of essential oils, I’m a fan for life!!

Andrea Butje January 5, 2015 at 5:50 pm

Hi Lillian – you can use Neroli, Rosewood or Frankincense instead of Lavender. You also might be interested in this information from Robert Tisserand regarding Lavender:

Wendy Shaver November 18, 2015 at 12:45 am

I have a grandson that is 10 years of age and every spring and fall he gets whooping cough. Any ideas on oils

Andrea Butje November 18, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Hi Wendy – Cedarwood (Cedrus deodara) can be a great oil for this as can Thyme ct. linalol, and White Fir. Sweet Orange can be nice to help with respiratory issues. They’re best when diffused or in an inhaler; that way they’re affecting the respiratory system directly.