Make your Own Inhaler for Muscle Tension

by Andrea Butje on March 18, 2013

Make your own muscle tension aromatherapy inhaler!When it comes to muscle tension, it makes perfect sense to apply a relaxing, pain relieving blend topically, right over the area that is sore. So why a muscle tension aromatherapy inhaler? The answer lies in the connection between your nervous system, and muscle tension and pain.

An essential oil inhaler can calm your nervous system, which in turn reduces tension and pain. It’s a simple yet highly effective approach to ongoing tension and pain relief (and it’s great for headaches too).

In this video I show you how to make your own muscle tension aromatherapy inhaler—it’s so easy!

Here’s the muscle tension aromatherapy recipe:

10 drops Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis ct. camphor)
3 drops Black Spruce (Picea mariana)
3 drops Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
1 drop Peppermint (Mentha x piperita)

Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)

Get our blog posts delivered to your inbox!

Lisa March 18, 2013 at 9:03 am

Thank-you for another great video. It is amazing how essential oils not only work topically but also aromatically. I cannot wait to make this inhaler to share with others.

Nurse Aromatherapist Rosita Ho March 18, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Thanks for reminding the association of the body mind and spirit in this particular common physical condition.

Carole March 19, 2013 at 9:50 pm

This is a great video showing not only how to make an inhaler but also the link between the mind and body.

Kristin March 22, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Wonderful video! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge!

Jules April 26, 2013 at 7:42 am

Great idea ! Thanks for sharing.
Where do you get the inhalers? I am not in States so would need to order online maybe.

Jennifer Crass June 19, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I will have to try this. I try not to take medicine when I know it is only tension. Thank you.

Diana June 19, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Only missing Blue Spruce but am getting it soon. I am very anxious to make the muscle tension inhaler.. Your video is great. Thanks

Alexis June 19, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Going to give this a try! I wonder if it will help with muscle tension related to stress. Probably, right? Thanks!

Tracey June 19, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Thanks! I’ve never made an inhaler before and your information and video were very helpful!

Linda June 22, 2013 at 7:30 pm

I must get Black Spruce to try this. I have fibromyalgia and my muscles tense up and get rock hard some days. Facinating how our body works with EOs. Thanks

Judy Lujan June 23, 2013 at 4:38 am

Love the mat cleaner spray recipes! Will definitely use! By the way – I am living in China. Do you know of a good source for essential oils in China? Thanks!

AlayaAD June 24, 2013 at 5:23 pm

I am SO glad I came across this blog. I have low back pain due to stress and uncomfortable beds. I know that lavender and peppermint oils are my go to in order to relieve the tension. Also, as a dancer, when I’m really stiff and I am engaging in barre work or split and flexibility exercises, it really helps for me to massage the base of my neck and lower back to relax my nerves, inhaling the scents as well. Now that I know I can add two more oils to the mix, I’ll definitely seek out the opportunity to make a few inhalers.

DianneBeattie June 28, 2013 at 11:04 pm

love to read your blogs – this one, in particular, seems like it would be very beneficial to me.

Teresa Lam July 14, 2013 at 5:53 am

I only think of masage or application of creams or lotions to treat muscle tension. I’ve never thought of an inhaler to deal with this physical condition. Great !

Debbie July 21, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Love the video education series.

Debbie July 21, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Love the video series.

Deborah Badawi October 27, 2013 at 7:10 am

I have continuous rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. I am seeking natural ways to enhance flexibility as well as pain relief. I am also interested in beginning essential oil combinations after further study. I would love to make this as part of a way of living and bring it to my home as a way to create a business as well.

beebe December 4, 2013 at 9:56 am

Great How To Video!! and tips. I would love to try something new like this too.

Pam December 15, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Could I sub Cypress for the Spruce…? Thx, love all of your fabulous teachings <3