5 Lavender Essential Oil Recipes

by Andrea on May 13, 2013

DSC_0091

Great ways to use lavender essential oil!

1. Try three drops in the tub. Just be careful when adding your Lavender essential oil drops–sometimes they can come out pretty quickly!  Three drops is plenty in your bath for a lovely aroma.  The aroma will fill your whole bathroom, turning a simple bath into a spa experience. (And you’ll sleep beautifully!)

2. For sunburned or wind-burned skin
, add 15 drops of Lavender essential oil in a spray bottle full of water, with a teaspoon of aloe vera gel (unscented) and 2 tabs of vitamin E. Keep it in the fridge for use on sunburns for an extra cooling effect

3. As a 100% organic skin moisturizer, use a 3–4 drops in 1 oz of organic jojoba oil

4. For effective calming action, use 5 drops Lavender and 5 drops Frankincense in an inhaler. Inhale during difficult situations or transitional times in your life. (Keep it in your bag or in your car!)

5. Make bath salts for your friends. Use 20 drops of Lavender essential oil in 4 oz of unscented bath salts for a great gift!

Learn more about using Lavender essential oil in Aromahead Institute’s free online class: Introduction to Essential Oils.

Andrea

Owner/Instructor at Aromahead Institute

Latest posts by Andrea (see all)

Get updates from Aromahead Institute!

jun May 16, 2013 at 10:44 pm

nice picture….i want to jump over with these lavender colored plants
jun recently posted…The Effects of OverpopulationMy Profile

didulaff2day June 19, 2013 at 5:18 pm

i think lavender is my most used oil,but im just a starter so i dont have that many oils yet :)

Susan June 19, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I must admit, as a lavender grower, I am a bit partial to the fragrance! Since I don’t have enough plants for distillation, I appreciate have hints like these to use when I buy my lavender essential oil for personal use and to share with my readers. Valuable post!

Paula June 19, 2013 at 9:50 pm

i Love Lavender I’m Always Looking For More Ways To Use Lavender.

chelli June 19, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I am very in love with lavender essential oil. I read somewhere that it can also be used internally. Is this safe?

Fran Davidson June 22, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Lavender is one of my all time favorites, it goes on my pillow every nite. I have recently come off 2 pain RX’s and just recently Ambien. Suffering with fibromyalgia for over 15 years, I found my new love in EO’s!

Jamie R. June 22, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Lavender started my love of essential oils.

Keely June 24, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I love lavender. I live in Maine and about 2 weeks in the spring the black flies are unbearable. I find that lavender is the best way to keep them at bay and it smells wonderful. Now I’m going to use it in the summer on my sunburns too. Thanks

fran June 24, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Put lavender on my husband cuts after chopping palm fronds that crashed on his head. The scrapes & cuts looked like they were a week old after EO absorbed! He is sold on EO ‘s. Whatever I tell him to put on….he does!

Danielle M. Sales June 28, 2013 at 5:58 am

I really love lavender essential oil, and these five simple tips really rock!

Thank you!

Martha Ballesteros June 28, 2013 at 8:31 pm

I use essential oils in my Holistic Therapies Practice. The power of essential oils to help people release negative and traumatic emotions is amazing. Medicine should take this direction of healing and our planet would be different. We are pioneers of this precious information at this moment and it is our mission to spread the message. Thanks Andrea for the awesome work you are doing. Hope to come to your certification class one day. Blessings!