You Can Have Relief From Allergies!

by Andrea Butje on May 29, 2013

There are lots of essential oils for allergiesIf you suffer from allergies, this list of blog posts about essential oils for allergies is for you!

Allergies can make you feel miserable. Fortunately, there are essential oils for allergies that can be a huge help! These are some great, natural remedies that don’t involve over-the-counter drugs or pharmaceuticals.

A few simple essential oils can help to reduce congestions, headaches and even irritation. I have seen so many people’s lives improve when their allergies were no longer a daily issue.

3 great reasons to use your own essential oil inhaler to help reduce your allergies:

1. Making your own inhaler is easy and inexpensive.
2. Carrying it in your packet or bag is effortless.
3. The aroma is personal. No one else will smell your inhaler.

Essential Oils for Allergy Relief

Andrea Butje Essential Oils for Allergy Relief

Andrea Butje | 5 items | 3533 views

Essential oils can offer significant relief from headaches, congestion and the exhaustion associated with allergies.

Source: http://www.aromahead.com/blog/2013/05/29/you-can-have-relief-from-allergies/

Embed List
  1. 1. Essential Oil Inhalers

Essential Oil Inhalers

Essential Oil Inhalers for Allergy Symptoms. Allergies can cause headaches from the pressure of nasal congestion. Often these headache can be relieved by using essential oil inhalers.Use the inhaler every 15 minutes for an hour whenever a headache starts to come on. The inhaler can also be used to ease the congestion itself.

2. 2. Fight Dust Mites with Essential Oils

Fight Dust Mites with Essential Oils

Dust mites. I know, not the most fun topic. What are they, exactly? There is a website dedicated to these creepy little creatures called Dustmites.org. They define dust mites as "microscopic creatures that live in your bedding by the millions and cause allergies."

3. 3. Essential Oils for Headaches

Essential Oils for Headaches

I've recently had some great experiences using essential oils to relieve tension headaches. Here are a few tips on using them yourself-safely and effectively. First add 1 drop of Peppermint essential oil (Mentha piperita) into a teaspoon of Trauma Oil, and rub it on the back of your neck.

4. 4. Aromatherapy Inhaler DIY

Aromatherapy Inhaler DIY

In this video, Andrea guides you through creating and using an essential oil aromatherapy inhaler. This respiratory blend is great for allergies, cold, flu, or sinus congestions. If you'd like to follow along and make your own aromatherapy inhaler, you'll need: How to Make an Aromatherapy Inhaler Related Posts:

5. 5. Shower Power Flowers for Kids!

Shower Power Flowers for Kids!

I frequently put a few drops of essential oil on the shower floor in the morning. I love the combination of the hot steam and the aroma of an oil like black spruce or rosemary! Along with the pure pleasure of the essential oil shower, there are many benefits to the steam and oil combination, especially for clearing congestion from a cold, flu or allergies.

View more lists from Andrea Butje

Get our blog posts delivered to your inbox!

Jamie June 3, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Do you also recommend topical application for the oils?

Beth C. June 19, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Are there any oils that are specifically recommended for allergies?
Beth C. recently posted…Woodburned Butterfly Earrings with Swarovski Crystals by BurningDesignsbyBethMy Profile

Sarah June 19, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Quite cool to know you can make your own inhalers. I suffer from allergies in spring and fall and sometimes it is just unbearable. Knowing there are natural options to help is great news. Thanks for the info!

Cassandria June 19, 2013 at 5:50 pm

This is great information because my husband suffers from allergies and this gives a glimmer of hope.

Jennifer June 19, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I never thought that you could do your own inhaler, so this is a great post on how to do so! Thanks for the information :)

Jill Mcgraw June 19, 2013 at 9:07 pm

I love the idea of the drops of essential oils in the shower. Got to make you feel awesome!

Little Feather Gruwell June 20, 2013 at 10:30 am

I loved the info on allergy inhalers. Many members of my family have allergies and these inhalers work!
Also made some inhalers for help with sleep issues, I love them!

Audrey Lightfoot June 21, 2013 at 10:20 pm

These inhalers are awesome. So discrete & very effective!

Konstantina Belimpasaki June 22, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Indeed, it’s wonderful to know that using such simple methods as e.o. inhalers can bring effective results in this major issue of allergic symptoms that harass so many people.

Theresa Clark June 22, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Love this- have been using inhalers like Vicks for years during spring and winter- making my own is SOOOO much better- I can control the strength and I know what’s in them. Buying the blanks in Australia is difficult so very glad to have access to good suppliers through Aromahead. Thanks! My personal favorite has clove and cajuput in it

Amy June 22, 2013 at 9:45 pm

super stoked on these suggestions!! Mine were pretty gnarly this past season…

jkwalter5 June 23, 2013 at 9:09 am

How do I get to the full article? I think I pressed every button :/ I suffer from bad allergies and so do a couple of my kids, I’d love to know what oils are the best for which types of allergies so I can make us all one! Thanks so much!

lroxey June 23, 2013 at 10:54 am

I also put a therapeutic lavender oil in a capsule and take.

Jkwalter5 June 23, 2013 at 11:05 am

Is there any after taste? I can’t take the taste of lavender. About how many drops do you use and how often?

karmamichele June 24, 2013 at 3:46 pm

wow I never thought of using an herbal inhaler! ;) I have been using stinging nettle and it works as an antihistamine but I have allergies from more than just histamine, so this would be a great way for me to catch everything! ;)

Lin Kellum June 24, 2013 at 9:17 pm

What a great post – I especially liked the video about making your own allergy inhaler. So many people suffer from allergies, and often want to take a lot of herbal capsules. This gives a great alternative.

Cindy June 28, 2013 at 8:22 pm

I love the ability to making inhalers to help with allergy relief

Ann Margaret July 28, 2013 at 6:53 am

Any suggestions for oils to use with dogs who have allergies? My dog is allergic to something that starts blooming in July. We do acupuncture and zyrtec, but the scratching doesn’t stop until whatever it is dies in late Oct/early Nov.

Becky Seling July 28, 2013 at 8:39 am

I would love to know this as well (about dogs allergies). These dogs have major allergies (skin mainly). Currently using Animal Scents from Young Living and am checking out recipes in Holistic Aromatherapy for Animals to see if I can find some relief for the dogs in there. Thanks!