Make Your Own Aromatic Beeswax Candle
Who doesn’t love beeswax candles?
This 6-minute video shows you exactly how to make your own beeswax candle with essential oils.
Warning: There is no going back! Once you make your own beeswax candle, with your own essential oils, nothing else compares. Be prepared to be seriously spoiled!
Making your own beeswax candles is a great alternative to buying commercial candles, which often have synthetic fragrances, metal wicks and petroleum-based waxes. This way, only natural healthy substances are released into your space. Another plus is that when we work with natural beeswax, we support beekeepers!
- Beeswax (6-8 oz)
- Essential Oil (I used 2 ml patchouli and 2 ml vetiver)
- 4 oz glass jar
- 1 wick
- A set of chop sticks
- Pyrex measuring cup
- Small soup pot
- 10 ml graduated cylinder (optional)
- Measure 6 oz. of beeswax (1 and 1/2 jar full). If you want the candle to fill right to the top use 8 oz. (2 jars full).
- Wipe your Pyrex cup with jojoba.
- Melt the beeswax in the Pyrex (see video for details).
- Place the wick in the jar using the chop sticks shown in the video.
- Measure your essential oil.
- Once the beeswax is melted, add the essential oil to the beeswax and stir.
- Pour slowly into the glass jar so to not disturb the wick.
- Allow it to solidify for several hours before burning.
Aromahead Institute, owned by Andrea Butje, is a premier resource for online aromatherapy classes. Andrea offers her inspired approach to online aromatherapy certification through essential oil videos and original education materials. Check out her book, Essential Living: Aromatherapy Recipes for Health and Home, on Amazon!
Get updates from Aromahead Institute!