I just did.
Aromahead Institute is now exclusively an online school.
The history: Aromahead Institute has been offering in-person Aromatherapy classes since 1999. In 2008, we added the online school to Aromahead and I kept teaching in-person. As of late summer, 2013, I have moved to teaching Aromatherapy classes exclusively online.
People are asking why I made this change. It’s a great question, because the in-person class registrations were full—sometimes with wait lists—and I loved teaching them! The thing is, the online classes also have large registrations. Sounds great right? It is, but it means two full time jobs.
Deciding what to let go of is an engaging process, and a great problem to have.
I love working online with students. It is surprisingly personal. I have students from all over the world, including plenty here in the USA. Why do I love it? Here are a few of my top answers:
- I have a great time making class videos to teach blending! The students can watch them as if they are in class with me. They can pause and replay as many times as needed. They can even take their laptops into the kitchen and blend along with me!
- When students email me their questions, I can consider my answers carefully, and address every aspect of each question. I offer links to blog posts, pictures and more online resources to help clear up any confusion.
- I have a lot of students in each class, and yet I’m working with each student one at a time. How great is that?
Why do people choose to study online? Not everyone can take time off to travel, be away from work and family, and come to class. There are a few other big reasons that I hear a lot from online students—they can work at their own pace and from wherever they wish, review the material and videos as many times as they wish, and get every question answered.
Have you ever taken a class online? I was opposed to the idea for years. I thought I could not learn as well without the structure of a classroom. I thought I would miss meeting the other people who came to the class.
What changed? I wanted to take some classes to learn how to use social media for my business, and they were only offered online. I decided to try one, and I was so surprised at how great it was to learn online!
I loved being able to learn at my own pace, go faster through material I was already familiar with, and slow down when learning new stuff. I loved the videos, too. I could be home, log in, and start the video where I last left off.
Since that first online class, I have taken more online classes than I can count. It’s safe to say I’m hooked! Of course, I still love in-person classes, and will continue to take them, but the option to also study from home broadens my possibilities.
I hope you will give the online classes at Aromahead a chance.
If you add your email address to our list, three things will happen:
1. You will be the first to hear about new online classes as they become available.
2. I’ll email you about our exciting upcoming free aromatherapy webinars.
3. You will get our free 3 month, weekly Aromatherapy Recipes and Tips email series!
Here is the link to add your email address to our list:
12 Recipes and Tips
Or click this link if you’re reading this on a mobile device.
Thanks for reading this post all the way to the end, and I’ll see you in an online class!
Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)
- How To Melt Shea Butter and Natural Oils for Body Care - April 20, 2015
- Make Sports Massage Oil with Spike Lavender - April 13, 2015
- What is an aromatherapy inhaler? And what can I use it for? - April 6, 2015