A Huge Surprise at the Alliance of International Aromatherapists Conference!

by Andrea Butje on October 5, 2013

Here is what I remember: I was excited to be at the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) conference. I love seeing so many Aromatherapists in one place and having the chance to connect with friends from all over the world! We were having lunch, laughing, and listening to the announcements.

Awards were being given out. I heard my name called—I was the person who had referred the most people to the AIA this past year, and that made me happy. I went up to the stage and got my award. Fun!

Then the Lifetime Achievement award was announced. And they said my name. I won.

I won?

At the AIA Conference

I  remember being on stage with Robert Tisserand, looking into his beautiful eyes, listening to him make a few funny jokes and saying some very sweet things about me. I remember thinking: keep talking, Robert because I have to come up with something to say that can reflect how deeply honored I feel.

I managed to say a few words, there was the flash of cameras, and then I had this absolutely gorgeous award in my hands. Bev Day was standing nearby, smiling at me.

Here is what I know: I love the Aromatherapy community. I am incredibly inspired  by the friendships I have made here over the past 15 years. I treasure the opportunity to teach, and to share everything I can about essential oils. I adore the distillers who dedicate their lives to growing, harvesting and producing the essential oils we use and love. And I am so fortunate to be able to write and share with all of you reading this blog.

A special thanks to the AIA for use of both these photos!

So honored at the AIA conference!

Thank you!
Andrea

Pictures are compliments of the Alliance of International Aromatherapists!

Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)

Get our blog posts delivered to your inbox!

Audrey Lightfoot October 5, 2013 at 9:29 am

What a thrill and well deserved!!! I am so lucky to have connected with you when I did <3

Kc October 5, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Dear Andrea~
Big Congratulations on the Lifetime Achievement award. So well deserved! I am one of the many that have been touched by you, your teaching and the continued gifts you spread around the aromatherapy community. PS: Great pictures :o)

Mina October 5, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Wow! Andrea! What an amazing news! Heartfelt congratulations! I am so happy for you, and so honored to have you as my teacher.
Lovely pictures! You look so beautiful!

Denise O'Connell October 6, 2013 at 7:43 am

Well done Andrea
So well deserved, your generosity of spirit is felt worldwide

Liz Fulcher October 6, 2013 at 7:58 am

The look on your face as they announced your name for this award was worth the ticket to the conference! It was certainly deserved, since you have forged many exciting new paths that are increasing the credibility of our work as aromatherapists – your Distiller Director and Component Database are two such examples. Congratulations Andrea!
Liz Fulcher recently posted…Natural Underarm Deodorant SprayMy Profile

Lea Harris October 6, 2013 at 11:06 am

What a wonderful moment!!!! YOU ROCK!!
Lea Harris recently posted…The Real “Poor Man’s Melissa” – it’s not Black Pepper!My Profile

Jeanne Schoeller October 6, 2013 at 12:42 pm

WOW! you are soo happy, you deserve that and more. Thank you for sharing your passion and knowledge with so many.
you are loved!

Tosha Smith October 8, 2013 at 11:31 am

Andrea! I cried when I read this…..You are SO deserving of this beautiful award!!!!!! I am so honored to have learned so much from you and am inspired by your infinite wisdom of essential oils! You are a fabulous teacher and a lovely lovely person that I am so happy to know! All my love to you!!!!! You Go Girl!!!! XOXO

Mara October 12, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Andrea,

Congratulations. You must be thrilled. I am honored to be learning from you and grateful you are so willing to share your knowledge with us. How awesome for you!

Heather Roques October 14, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Congratulations Andrea – the single photo of you says it all and is one of the most charming and humbling photos I have seen.

Lucy Miller October 15, 2013 at 6:24 am

Andrea,
Congratulations! Your picture captured the spirit and beauty of your essence.
xo

geenah November 1, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Andrea!!!! Congratulations***** how exciting for you… *** All of your passion and hard work is turning around and giving you lovely gifts of appreciation! I am so proud to have studied with such an amazing person, and teacher! >3

Laura Nelson November 5, 2013 at 8:03 am

Andrea, the pictures are fabulous. It’s great seeing that huge smile on your face for something you truly deserve. Congratulations friend!

Yoshy November 5, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Congratulations Andrea!! You really deserve it. What a nice pictures….