12 Weeks of Free Aromatherapy Recipes & Tips!

by Andrea Butje on November 20, 2013

Vector circle of blue flowers greeting card backgroundTruth be told, my intentions were not 100% pure.

I decided to create the free weekly Aromatherapy Recipes and Tips Series because of my email inbox.

Before I go any further, I have to say that I love connecting with people by email. The thing is, I was getting emailed with the same questions from hundreds of people! They all wanted recipes for healthy facial cleansers instead of soap, natural ways to take care of teeth, remedies for colds and flu, and instructions on how to make great lip balm. I understand—these are some of my favorite blends, too.

I found myself sending the same recipes, by email, to so many people. Suddenly, in a moment of inspiration, the Aromatherapy Recipes and Tips Series was born!

While I was writing it, I found myself adding advice about great blending tools, green cleaning tips and even a cold sore recipe.

Signing up for the Free Aromatherapy Recipes and Tips Series is easy!

Click here to sign up. By the way, all we ask for is your email, so it only takes a moment to register.

Get our blog posts delivered to your inbox!

Amy May 9, 2016 at 11:15 am

Andrea I do not where I should really post this but here it goes. 🙂 The apps for phones are great looking but I do not have a smart phone.
Do you have the ability and time to make an “app” that will work on a regular computer? There must be someone out there that thinks this.
Our Government issued phones are stupid phones when talking about apps.

Andrea Butje May 9, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Hi Amy! Really sorry, but the app is only available through smart phone. I do post tons of recipes here on the blog though, as well as on Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube 🙂

mandi March 16, 2016 at 11:05 am

Do you have any bath oil recipes for adults? It looks like there is only one in your book.

Andrea Butje March 16, 2016 at 12:15 pm
Cheryll November 26, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Do you have a class for becoming an aromatherapist but not a certified one?

Andrea Butje December 1, 2015 at 10:53 am

Hi Cheryll – technically anyone can call themselves an aromatherapist, and someone can earn the title “certified aromatherapist” when they go through an approved certification program of a minimum of 200 hours. I’d suggest you take our Aromatherapy for Natural Living courses, where you’ll learn about the therapeutic properties of oils and how to make tons of blends for supporting family and personal health. You can find more info here: http://aromahead.com/courses/online/aromatherapy-for-natural-living 🙂

Cheryll December 1, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Hi Andrea,

If I take the suggested course would the hours count toward the certified aromatherapist course? Also, are the recipes in this course different than the ones on youtube and the iphone app? Finally, in this course, will I learn about the characteristics of the oils used and their safety. I know just enough to know I need to know much more . Can diffusing oils harm our lungs or hurt a dog? Whew, sorry for all the questions. EO’s are becoming an obsession especially since I haven’t been able to smell for at least twelve years and just discovered I can smell EO’s after starting to take zinc.

Andrea Butje December 1, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Hi Cheryll – the Certification Program and Natural Living course are completely separate. There is some overlap with the information when it comes to basic information about aromatherapy and essential oils, but the focuses are different, with different blends and different material.

The recipes in our courses are exclusive to the courses; we don’t share them anywhere else.

In the Natural Living course, you’ll have access to 18 datasheets for common essential oils, including safety information about them.

Diffusing oils are generally very safe, though it’d depend if someone had lung problems (essential oils can be problematic for someone with asthma, for example). Diffusing oils around animals is okay too, as long as they’re able to leave the area you’re diffusing in if they’re not comfortable with the aroma.

No problem at all on the questions – feel free to ask more and let me know if I missed something! You can also email me any time at andrea@aromahead.com 🙂

Mary Lynn April 27, 2014 at 3:11 am

I love the class and the recipes are great. So far every recipe that you have sent out has made me money. Thanks Andrea !!!!!!!!!

Susanne December 12, 2013 at 11:45 am

Thank you so much for your nice and easy recipes you sent to me! I will try the “wake me up” with me shower tomorrow in the morning 🙂

Andrea Butje December 12, 2013 at 11:53 am

Thanks Susanne,
Let me know how you like it! 🙂

Eleanor December 1, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Just made & tried the Avocado Aloe Frankincense Facial wash/ It is excellent! I was surprised that the oil & aloe blended to well. My face feel wonderful.
It is late here. I made 19 bath salts today. got em labeled and ready to gift…. Tomorrow is lip balm, body body and scrubs…….

Andrea Butje December 1, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I love that face wash too, so glad you are enjoying it! Fantastic on all the blending- wow! 🙂

Nancy Lubin November 21, 2013 at 10:30 am

Can I assume that if i am already on your student list, I am on this list as well? If this is not a good assumption, let me know and I’ll add myself, or you are welcome to add me to this list.

Andrea Butje November 21, 2013 at 10:31 am

Hi Nancy,
It is a different list- don’t want to assume anything! I added your email. You should get your tips and bonus PDF any moment! 🙂

Andrea Giordano November 21, 2013 at 7:14 am

you are ingenious, Thank you once again for sharing your valuable information with all of us.
Happy Qi to you
Andrea Giordano

Erica Thomas November 20, 2013 at 9:28 am

This is so awesome I would live to grow in the area of healing aromatherapy. Your a blessing I’m would love to get certified in aromatherapy.

Blessings Always,
Erica

Andrea Butje November 20, 2013 at 10:20 am

Thanks so much for your sweet comment Erica! Enjoy the recipes and tips! Also, we do have a great online certification program…just saying…:)