Botanica2014 is an international Aromatherapy conference created by Rhiannon Lewis, brings together scientists, educators and those passionate about herbal medicine and clinical aromatherapy.
Aromahead Institute’s Botanioca2014 contest raised just over $6,000 for three essential oil distillers to come to the conference!
Below is the video of the winners, hosted by Andrea Butje and Cindy Black!
Kailash Dixit is a Nepal based distiller and herb grower. His business, Aarya Aromas, began in 2003. All his plants are grown organically. A farmer’s cooperative has been formed where local and indigenous people participate in cultivation and production of herbs.
Atanas Krachmarov established the Bulgarian company Ecomaat to revive Bulgarian agricultural traditions. Located in an ecologically pure region in the very heart of the Balkan Mountains, they distill and process wild-growing and cultivated herbs and plants and extract their natural potencies using cutting edge technology including supercritical CO2 extraction.
Evelyne and Jacky Boyer are French producers, harvesters and distillers of roses and other organic essential oils and hydrolats. Verdon Roses & Arômes was established 8 years ago in Haut Provence under an extraordinarily clear sky in a region of wild mountainous beauty.
Aromahead created the raffle to enable these small-scale producers to participate at Botanica2014.
100% of the proceeds is going to the distillers flights to the conference, as well as their room and board. Below is a list of winners with the prize(s) they won from each company:
- Summer L. – four sets of Aroma-Spheres with a 5 ml essential oil blend from Essential Elements
- Trinity Botanicals – one aromatherapy consultation from Essential Education International
- Cary C. – gift basket from Tata Harper
- Fiona Hedigan & Associates – one aromatherapy consultation with Aromatic Wisdom Institute
- Alicia D. – $150 gift card from Patrick Smith Botanicals
- Emily G. – three roll-ons from the Aum*Aroma line and a 3 ml sample of the perfume “Ananda” from Essential Body Wisdom
- Heather S., Lynette C., and Audra L. – one-year subscriptions to the combined Essential Oil Bioactivity Database and Component Database from Quintessential Aromatics
- Cathi G. – one-year subscription to LabAroma
- Connie V. – “Seeds”, an encaustic panting by Edie Pett
- IAG Botanics, Wendy B., and Betty S. – back issues (hard copies) of the IJCA from from Essential Oil Resource Consultants
- Pompeii Street Soap Co., Betty S., and Mary Ellen K. – comprehensive consultations from Gabriel Mojay, founder of Institute of Traditional Herbal Medicine and Aromatherapy
- Cheryl Y. – aromatherapy business consultation with AromaAdvisor
- Valentina C. – one year membership as a Hydrosol Supporter to Circle H Institute
- Diane S. – $150 gift card to Stillpoint Aromatics
- Renee H. – subscription to the International Journal of Professional Holistic Aromatherapy through March 2015
- Steven S. – $100 gift certificate to Aromatics International
I hope to see you at Botanica2014 September 5–8 in Dublin, Ireland. Kailash, Atanas, Evelyne, and Jacky will be speaking, sharing their motivation and passion for producing quality essential oils for our industry, and introducing us to their individual specialties. I’ll also be hosting a workshop on incense making.
Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)
- Aromatherapy Blends for Massage: A blog post & recipe round up! - May 23, 2016
- Should You Use Roman Chamomile or German Chamomile? - May 16, 2016
- Aromatherapy from a Himalayan Distiller - May 9, 2016