I absolutely love to email everyone in the Aromahead community! I send free aromatherapy recipes and tips, special offers, and information about upcoming webinars I’m hosting. It’s one of the easiest ways to connect with everyone and to share new essential oil ideas and resources!
Recently I’ve received emails from people letting me know that they haven’t gotten the emails from Aromahead that they’ve signed up for, whether it’s a replay to a webinar, the 12-tips series, our monthly newsletter, or blog posts.
Most of the people contacting me have Gmail accounts. When I’ve asked for someone to check their Promotions folder that Gmail has set up, the emails with the webinar replay and special offers are in there.
If you use Gmail and aren’t familiar with all of its capabilities, you might be wondering what the Promotions folder is. A few months ago, Gmail set up three default folders – Primary, Social and Promotions – on everyone’s email account to help organize your inbox better (see below).
Totally great if you were aware of the change (I LOVE to be super organized), but not so great if you weren’t!
The easiest way to make sure you’re getting emails from Aromahead is to follow these instructions:
- Go into your inbox Promotions folder, find an email from email@example.com (for example, a blog post email or special offer from one of Aromahead’s webinars).
- Drag that email to the “Primary” tab of your inbox.
- Voila! Emails from Aromahead will now go directly to your Primary folder.
Not using Gmail? I found this great article from WhatCounts to help you figure out how to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book, no matter what email platform you’re using.
Please comment below and let me know if you found my email in your Promotions folder. Thanks!
Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)
- What does a Certified Aromatherapist actually do? - September 26, 2016
- My Journey into the World of Essential Oils - September 19, 2016
- Rivendell Aromatics: Distilling Lavender Varieties in California - September 12, 2016