Advanced Graduate Program Online
Enroll: $1,200 | Enroll
Understanding The Practical Applications of Essential Oil Chemistry
Take your knowledge of essential oils to the next level to better understand safe application, chemical properties, research reports, and to navigate confidently in clinical environments.
The 125-hour Advanced Graduate Program is designed for Certified Aromatherapists who wish to continue their studies online. During this professional-level program, we take an in-depth look at the chemistry, aroma and therapeutic uses of over 30 unique essential oils and more than 25 specific essential oil components, their structures, and therapeutic behaviors.
The Advanced Graduate Program is applied towards Aromahead Institute's 400-hour Scholar's Program, approved by the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA). Once you have enrolled you may begin your class right away!
This program includes one year of free access to an advanced database of researched essential oil components and their therapeutic properties, developed by Andrea Butje and edited by Robert Tisserand.
In this class, we will undertake:
- A detailed study and review of the chemical families.
- Advanced study of more than 25 specific essential oil components, their structures and therapeutic behaviors.
- In-depth study of essential oils grown and distilled in Madagascar, India, and Nepal. Oils from other countries are included as well.
- A unique learning approach based on each oil’s country of origin and chemistry.
- Research on individual components present within the oils.
- Study of the genus, species and chemotype of each oil.
- Practicing innovative blending activities to further blending skills and support your learning experience.
- 12 case studies to be completed by the end of the program.
- A custom extensive online manual written by Andrea Butje
- Access to an advanced database of researched essential oil components and their therapeutic properties, developed by Andrea Butje and being edited by Robert Tisserand
- Video tutorials produced exclusively for this course (unlimited views of the videos)
- A list of resources for quality products
- Information about various aromatherapy organizations and journals
- Discounts on additional materials and kits from Aromatics International
In order to receive a 125-hour Advanced Graduate Certification from Aromahead Institute students must:
- Complete all elements of the program (10 case studies and pass the multiple choice final exam).
- Pay tuition in full. If you paid with a payment plan, your payments must be completed to receive your certification.
- You have permanent unlimited access to all the course materials and any subsequent updates to the course content, even after you have completed the program. View each video as many times as you like.
- Start the class the moment you complete your registration.
- Work at your own pace and on your own timeline.
- Interact with Andrea and Cindy on an online forum where you can ask questions.
CEU’s: This program is approved for Massage Therapy in New York and Florida for 70 hours.
Tuition and Payment Plans
You may pay in full or we have a payment plan available for online AGP students. A deposit of $800 is required to begin the course. Once the deposit has been made, $100 is due at the beginning of each month for the following four months. Please contact Aromahead Institute directly to register with the payment plan.
Aromahead Institutes 200-hour Aromatherapy Certification Program or equivalent training in the uses of essential oils. This program requires previous knowledge of essential oils, medicinal blending, and essential oil chemistry.
Supplies are not included in the tuition.
We have designed a kit of essential oils, carrier oils, and bottles needed to complete the blending exercises in this course. The kit is sold separately through Aromatics International. View the essential oils and supplies covered in the course here: Advanced Graduate Program Kit
Purchasing the kit is optional. If you have your own essential oils and supplies you may use them. The class can be completed using your own essential oils.