Aromatherapy Certification Program
In my 25 years of practice as a Naturopath and Chiropractor, I have rarely encountered the level of teaching expertise I experienced with Andrea Butje's "Aromatherapy Certification Program" this past year. Not only are the essential oils that Andrea provides in class of the highest therapeutic quality (unsprayed and organic, along with individual GC/MS for each oil), they are aromatically exquisite! To study with Andrea and her essential oils is to be in aromatic heaven
The intensive hands-on 15-day ACP (Aromatherapy Certification Program) allows students to become professionally qualified in the therapeutic uses of essential oils. Students learn to confidently work with over 60 essential oils.
As a rapidly growing complimentary health care profession, aromatherapy offers abundant career opportunities. Our graduates have gone on to create essential oil retail businesses, web retail stores, therapeutic product lines and consultation services. Students learn through a fun and intensive curriculum in a natural, casual setting.
This is an entry-level, in-depth class. No previous aromatherapy training is required.
The ACP (Aromatherapy Certification Program) is taught in three 5-day segments, over 3 months. Class times are 9:30-5:30 each day.
Students learn through a fun and intensive curriculum in a natural, casual setting. Instructor Andrea Butje is a Clinical Aromatherapist and LMT. She’s been teaching courses in Aromatherapy Certification since 1998. Andrea believes in a diverse learning approach—with a lively mix of activities, hands-on blending, discussions and engaging lectures.
The course covers a variety of topics relating to aromatherapy, essential oils, science and business:
Essential Oil Study
Methods of Application
Goals and Objectives:
- Prepare students to become qualified in the safe and therapeutic uses of essential oils.
- Help students develop a career or compliment existing healthcare practices with a clear understanding of the scope of aromatherapy practices.
- Give students a thorough working knowledge of the therapeutic and energetic aspects of over 60 essential oils.
- Prepare students to confidently consult with clients and evaluate which essential oils would be appropriate to use and how to use them safely and effectively.
- Instruct students in the creation of a variety of body care products for self care and professional use.
This is an entry-level, in-depth class, open to all learners. No previous aromatherapy training is required.
Upon successful completion of the Aromatherapy Certification, graduates can confidently work with essential oils, are proficient in blending therapeutic products, and may call themselves Certified and/or Clinical Aromatherapists.
Many of our students go on to:
- Develop a new career in aromatherapy.
- Enhance an existing health care practice through the use of essential oils.
- Use essential oils for personal growth, self care, and holistic and alternative medicine.
Graduates of this course have gone on to create essential oil retail businesses, web retail stores, therapeutic product lines and holistic and alternative medicine consultation services.
The Aromatherapy Certification Program was established in May of 2000. The 235-hour course is approved by The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) and the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA), the two governing bodies for national educational standards for aromatherapists. Certification also qualifies you to sit for the Aromatherapy Registration Council exam (ARC).
In order to receive the Aromahead Institute 235-hour certification (includes the ACP and A&P), approved by NAHA and the AIA, students must:
- Complete all elements of the 159-hour Aromahead Institute ACP.
- Complete Aromahead Institute's online 76-hour Anatomy and Physiology class (included in the tuition for the ACP). If you have previous training in Anatomy and Physiology, you may take the multiple-choice final exam for your credit.
- Pay tuition in full.
Students will create and take home over $700 worth of products, including:
Additionally, students receive:
- The use of over 90 different therapeutic-grade, organic and wildcrafted essential oils in class.
- A custom 300-page essential oil manual.
- Aromahead Institute’s online Anatomy and Physiology class.
- An extensive private list of resources for quality products and alternative medicine.
- Information about various aromatherapy organizations and journals.
- Access to network with other graduates online.
- Discounts on additional materials and kits at Aromatics International.
Career Opportunities for Graduates
What are Aromahead Certification graduates doing?
- Creating healthy and organic product lines and selling them through web stores, retail stores, healthcare practices, spas, massage offices and natural health food stores.
- Teaching aromatherapy classes to the public and to other health care professionals.
- Creating safe cleaning products, healthy products for their families, and natural cold and flu remedies.
- Writing for aromatherapy journals and websites.
- Consulting in spas, cruise ships, resorts and upscale hotels.
- Integrating essential oils into existing health care practices.
- Opening their own spas, or joining existing natural health clinics.
- Teaching aromatherapy at massage and skin care schools.
- Creating natural perfume lines. Students learn to confidently work with over 60 essential oils and begin blending on the second day of class.
- You have permanent unlimited access to all the course materials and any subsequent updates to the course content, even after you have completed the program. View each video as many times as you like.
- Interact with Andrea and Cindy on an online forum where you can ask questions.
CEU’s: This program is approved for Massage Therapy in New York and Florida for 90 hours, and by NCBTMB for 50.
Tuition and Payment Plans
There is a $350 non-refundable deposit required for this class. If you need a payment plan for the balance of the tuition, we are happy to work with you. Please contact Aromahead Institute directly to register with a payment plan.
Anyone may register for this class. No previous Aromatherapy training is required.
All in-class blending supplies, including essential oils, carriers and bottles are included in the tuition.
In order to complete the case studies outside of class it is helpful to have a small collection of essential oils. We have designed 2 kits with essential oils, carrier oils, and bottles sold through Aromatics International.
Purchasing the kit is optional. If you have your own essential oils and supplies you may use them for your case studies. It is best to use GC/MS tested oils and only organic carriers and butters.
There is no need to purchase anything before the class begins. We will discuss the case studies, essential oils, and supplies needed during the first week of class.