Online Aromatherapy Courses
The Online 235-hour ACP (Aromatherapy Certification Program) allows students to become professionally qualified in the therapeutic uses of essential oils through Aromahead Institute. Our exclusive digital curriculum includes an online textbook and references, access to exclusive videos, case study assignments, and dozens of blending activities.
During this online course, you will:
- Become qualified in the safe and therapeutic use of essential oils.
- Build a strong foundation for a career in aromatherapy, or to compliment an existing practice.
- Learn to confidently consult with clients and evaluate which essential oil is appropriate for a given situation, and more.
The Aromahead version of distance education goes above and beyond the standard for online learning. Our curriculum includes activities and videos, as well as meticulously crafted directions for case studies that will enhance your experience and intuition as an aromatherapist.
Discover the art of blending essential oils to create natural remedies for your family!
This 36-hour blending course is designed especially for people wanting to learn how to use essential oils and natural products to safely address common issues affecting babies, children and adults alike.
You will have the immediate satisfaction of creating practical and luxurious aromatherapy essentials beginning with basic tools found in most home kitchens.
Andrea will teach you how to make your lives healthier by replacing cleaning supplies with affordable, nontoxic alternatives you create yourself and making your own body care products such as cream, lip balm and bath salts.
How Does the Course Work?
This active, self-paced class introduces the fundamentals of aromatherapy and quickly immerses you into the process of creating practical remedies and products for your home and family.
Lessons are taught through a series of step-by-step videos and activities. Engaging reading materials prepared in Andrea’s thoughtful, good-humored style steadily guide you through each course milestone.
Click Learn More for a sampling of the products you will learn to create with Andrea’s expert guidance!
Do you come down with at least one cold or flu every year? What about your kids? It’s no fun! I used to get a nasty cold every winter, and it’s hard to forget the misery of them.
In 1998 I started using essential oils for self-care, and since then I have come up with some incredibly effective recipes that really worked to keep me free of colds all year! I created this 3-hour video class to teach you which essential oils to use and how to make the blends. I’m confident that you can use them with the same success that I did.
This 36-hour Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists provides a comprehensive and exciting foundation for the use of essential oils in your bodywork practice. This class is designed for practicing massage therapists with no previous aromatherapy training.
Are you a Massage Therapist wanting to use essential oils? Do you want to grow your practice?
Gain proficiency in a core set of 20 essential oils taught by Andrea Butje, co-founder of the Finger Lakes School of Massage, and founder of Aromahead Institute.
Learn the dynamics of olfaction, the CNS, and the stress response in practical, accessible language taught by Cindy Black, L.Ac, co-founder of the Finger Lakes School of Massage, and founder of Meridian Massage Institute.
Enjoy 12 exclusive videos featuring Andrea Butje demonstrating blending approaches and techniques!
Upon completion of this class, you will be able to:
- Grow your practice by adding Aromatherapy to your services
- Create aromatic therapeutic products designed specifically for your client's concerns.
- Reduce chronic and acute muscle pain and inflammation.
- Understand how aromatherapy and massage profoundly affect the central nervous system.
CEU’s: This program is approved for Massage Therapy in New York and Florida for 36 hours.
By taking this class, you benefit directly from Andrea and Cindy's decades of practice and study of massage therapy and aromatherapy. As with all of their classes, Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists is comprehensive, cutting edge and fun!
Aromahead’s popular, fun and accessible 14-hour Body Butters and Lip Balms class! Learn to work with carrier oils and body butters to create a variety of therapeutic body care products. Andrea walks you through the process of blending shea butter, cocoa butter, kombo butter, kpangnan butter, coconut oil and more.
- Create body butters, lip balms, deodorant sticks and more.
- Learn to blend proven recipes and your own original creations.
No previous understanding of aromatherapy or essential oils is required to complete this course and begin blending. It’s perfect for beginners as well as practicing aromatherapists looking to improve their body butter blending techniques.
The 28-hour component blending class includes an in-depth study of the chemistry, therapeutic uses, and blending techniques for 15 different pine, spruce and fir essential oil species.
- Learn the evidence-based medicinal properties of the main components within the oils.
- Blend many wonderful recipes, including melt-and-pour bar soap and a rich body cream.
- Get unlimited access to exclusive video tutorials, course materials and more.
Perfect for those looking to deepen their understanding of chemistry as it relates to aromatherapy.
Take your knowledge of essential oils to the next level to better understand safe application, chemical properties, research reports, and to navigate confidently in clinical environments. During this exciting 125-hour professional-level program, you will learn the chemistry, aromas and therapeutic uses of over 30 essential oils.
The curriculum includes the advanced study of more than 25 specific essential oil components, their structures and therapeutic behaviors.
In this class, you will:
- Study the chemical families, and the genus, species and chemotype of each oil.
- Learn about a range of more exotic essential oils, not commonly referenced.
- Learn to understand GC/MS reports, advanced research, and more.
This program includes lifetime free access to an advanced database of researched essential oil components and their therapeutic properties, developed by Andrea Butje and edited by Robert Tisserand. The cost is normally $300 and the yearly renewal is $75. For all students in the Advanced Graduate Program, there is no fee and no renewal.
Get to know viruses—how they live, how they affect human physiology, and how the immune system responds to them—in this 21-hour class.
- Learn natural, holistic methods for intervening in chronic and acute infections.
- Use the right essential oil treatments by thinking holistically about the client’s case.
- Nourish and protect Vital Energy.
- Prevent viral spread, and support health for those with long-term immune deficiency problems.
A model of Holistic Approaches for treating viral infections is presented in order to support practitioners in their work with clients. This model helps clinicians find creative and appropriate essential oil treatments by thinking holistically about the unique individuals in need of healing.
- Create a variety of therapeutic products, like body butters, lips balms, massage oils and more.
- Learn how to use essential oils safely.
- Build a solid foundation for your continued use and study of essential oils.
Our beginner friendly 76-hour Anatomy and Physiology Self-Study Course is tailored specifically for students of Aromahead Institute's Aromatherapy Certification Program. However, it is also of great use to anyone interested in a fun, dynamic introduction to Anatomy.
Let the wonders of the human body unfold as you learn at your own pace. Students engage in a series of interactive lessons and links to diverse educational resources on the web.