Body Butters and Lip Balms
Over her decades of studying and teaching Aromatherapy, Aromahead founder Andrea Butje has developed hundreds of successful blends for body butters, lip balms, and other skin care products.
In the Body Butters and Lip Balms class, she shares her personal favorites, and provides guidance for making these wonderful products yourself in hands-on blending exercises.
Andrea will teach you to work with 14 different butters and carrier oils, including shea butter, cocoa butter, and coconut oil, as well as less common carriers, such as kombo butter, hemp oil, and kpangnan butter (you'll even learn how to pronounce it!).
You'll make your own custom body butters, lip balms, lip gloss, solid deodorants, and massage lotion sticks. The knowledge you'll gain in this class will provide a foundation for creating your own entirely unique recipes and products.
Meet Your Instructor
Andrea Butje, founder of Aromahead Institute, is an internationally recognized Clinical Aromatherapist who is changing the educational paradigm through her inspired approach to teaching online and creating community.
One of the most innovative online schools in the country, the Institute's elegant and intuitive classroom design makes navigating online learning a uniquely user-friendly experience.
The Aromahead Institute meets the rigorous training and certification qualifications of three highly respected organizations: the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy, the Alliance of International Aromatherapists, and the International Institute for Complementary Therapists.
Since 1999, Aromahead Institute has had an extensive alumni network of international graduates who have gone on to pursue successful careers and businesses rooted in the vast network of the healing arts profession.
As a consultant to importers of high-quality essential oils, Andrea travels the world, building relationships with distillers and small organic farmers. In 2013, Andrea won the Alliance of International Aromatherapists's Lifetime Achievement Award for her innovative, heartfelt work in educating and connecting people involved in all aspects of the Aromatherapy industry—from distillers, to renowned authors, to beginners in the study.
I loved this class. I learned so much about the different butters and oils! It goes well with the Aromatherapy Certification Program. Making the one-ounce jars of butters was very helpful. When I made blends I could re-melt the individual butters and add essential oils to them without having to make a big batch. It was an efficient and super helpful way to use the healing actions of the carrier butters along with the essential oils.
Learn how to blend with natural butters and oils. Some may be new to you, like kpangnan butter, while others are more well known, like jojoba and beeswax. You'll become familiar with the carriers' different textures, aromas, therapeutic properties, and even the way their colors impact your blends.
Master the art of blending these carriers with beeswax in different ratios, so you can achieve a variety of textures for your Aromatherapy blends, and create a wide range of products. This is extremely valuable for all your future butter and carrier oil blending!
WE'LL TEACH YOU HOW TO MAKE:
•No More Pain and Inflammation butter.
•Massage cocoa butter sticks.
YOU'LL ALSO LEARN ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND RECIPES FOR:
•Grounding Lavender Luscious Skin.
•Spicy Citrus Luscious Skin.
•Rosewood Luscious Skin.
•Massage Stick for Bruises.
•Massage Stick for Pain.
•Massage Stick for Colds and Coughs.
•No More Pain and Inflammation Butter for body aches and pains caused by cold or flu.
•No more Pain and Inflammation Butter for pain from stiff, chronically swollen joints.
•Scar Butter for older scars with irritated skin.
•Scar Butter to prevent scars or stretch marks.
•Scar Butter for new scars.
•Sweet Cedar solid deodorant.
•Citrus Jasmine solid deodorant.
•Aromatic Resin solid deodorant.
Goals and Objectives
- Master blending ratios, so that you can combine different oils and butters with beeswax to create products with different textures.
- Understand the best texture for each body product (so your lip balms don't melt into gloss, and your body butters don't harden into balms!).
- Learn the therapeutic properties of 14 carrier oils and butters, so you can create healing blends that address different physical issues, such as scars and inflammation.
- Make natural lip balms with carrier butters and essential oils that taste great while nourishing your lips.
- Create natural body products that nourish dry, damaged skin—including sensitive skin and conditions like eczema and dermatitis.
- Finally find a natural deodorant that actually works (and you'll make it yourself!).
- At the conclusion of the course, you'll know how to blend with 14 different carrier oils and butters, including:
- • Kombo Butter
- • Kpangnan Butter
- • Marula Oil
- • Trauma Oil
- • Palm Kernel Oil
- • Shea Butter
- • Avocado Oil
- • Baobab Oil
- • Beeswax
- • Jojoba Wax
- • Cocoa Butter
- • Coconut Oil
- • Hemp Oil
- • Tamanu Oil
This active, self-study class introduces blending with natural carrier butters and oils, and quickly immerses you in the process of creating luscious, healing blends for the skin.
Lessons are taught through a series of professional step-by-step videos and activities. Upon completion of the class you will be able to make a wide range of therapeutic and luxurious body butters!
Your Body Butters and Lip Balms
- Access to exclusive online course materials and videos, organized into four guided lessons.
- Eight professional video tutorials produced exclusively for the Body Butters and Lip Balms class. Watch the recipes presented in Andrea's engaging videos as many times as you like (even after you complete the class)!
- Seven original body butter recipes developed exclusively for the Body Butters and Lip Balms class.
- Seven carrier and oil recipes designed to help you compare the ingredients' textures and aromas.
- 15 essential oil blend recipes that make excellent additions to the butters, oils, and blends in the class. Adding essential oils can enhance the therapeutic properties of your blends (and make them smell amazing!).
- 14 of Andrea's printer-friendly datasheets. Each datasheet includes information on the carrier's aroma, texture (consistency), therapeutic properties, shelf life, extraction method, and Latin name, as well as tips on how to identify a high quality carrier.
- An extensive private list of resources for high-quality Aromatherapy products and related services (such as bottles and other packaging).
- Contact information for prominent Aromatherapy organizations and journals. Stay current with the industry, learn about the conferences, and gather articles from Aromatherapy experts.
- 15% off discount on all essential oils, carrier oils, butters, bottles, supplies, and specific blending kits from Aromatics International for six months after you register.
- Permanent unlimited access to all the course materials and videos, including any updates to the content, even after you have completed the program.
- You have permanent unlimited access to all the course materials and any subsequent updates to the course content, even after you have completed the program. View each video as many times as you like.
- Start the class the moment you complete your registration.
- Work at your own pace and on your own timeline.
- Interact with the Aromahead team along with all Aromahead students and graduates on an online forum where you can ask questions.
- Approved for 14 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by the NCBTMB and in Florida.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
This program is approved for Massage Therapy by the NCBTMB and in Florida for 14 hours.
Pay in Full
- Total Tuition: $225
I loved the class! I really enjoyed making all the butters and experiencing the different textures of the raw product and then seeing the natural characteristics showing through in the final product. I also loved the videos. It was like having my own private instructor... and so helpful that I could pause and rewind! I feel like I had a friend right alongside helping me. Thank You!
- Amy Lechner
I loved the variety of recipes covered in this class. It was a very thorough introduction to possibilities of balms and butters. I especially like the jojoba, beeswax and butter exercise. I love how it encouraged me to have a reference library of different butters.
I was really inspired by the encouragement to learn butter properties and to be able to describe product benefits. I really felt inspired
to expand my product line and grow my confidence.
I took a live class on making lip balms, but the instructor was very protective of her knowledge. I know I could trust Andrea because she is so generous with what she knows. I really appreciate her approach. Together, we are all better.
The class gave me a lot of ideas for new products. I really enjoyed learning about butter and oil properties. Now when someone approaches me with difficult skin, I can ask if they have tried a particular oil or butter before I discuss creating a special blend for them. I have also been inspired as a teacher by Andrea's teaching style. Her knowledge inspires me to learn more so I can be as confident and practiced as she is. I adore how she is clearly excited about sharing each product she makes.
- Elizabeth Harrington
I loved the body butters class because of the diversity of the content. The course covers several different carriers and how to use them, as well as variations on each recipe. The course also covers examples of basic healing needs: pain and inflammation, emotional support, skin healing, and daily personal care.
I especially appreciated that the course was more than just a collection of recipes. The course explains why the ingredients go together the way they do and why each is included in its own way. The course built my skills so I could generalize and apply what I had learned to new carriers and be able to experiment further because I now understand how the ingredients work together to make the different products.
I have always had high standards for my skin care products, and now I feel confident that I can make my own, personal skin care products the way I like them, plus have them be all natural and much more healthful for my whole body.
- Sheri Roach
Aromahead's Body Butter and Lip Balm class is a must for your aromatic curriculum. The blends, the recipes and especially Andrea's touch are invaluable. I learned so much from this class and can't stop recommending it; it will take your practice to the top! Thank you Andrea for opening up this marvelous window.
- Rebeca Ledersnaider
No previous understanding of Aromatherapy or essential oils is required to complete this course and begin blending. It's perfect for beginners as well as practicing Aromatherapists looking to improve their body butter blending techniques.
Supplies are not included in the tuition.
We have designed a kit of butters, carrier oils, and bottles needed to complete the blending exercises in this course. The kit is sold separately through Aromatics International. You can view the butters and supplies covered in the course here:
Important Note: Purchasing the kit is optional. If you have your own essential oils and supplies you may use them.