Online Component Blending
Exploring the Chemistry of Pine, Spruce and Fir Essential Oils
The 28-hour component blending class includes an in-depth study of the chemistry, therapeutic uses, and blending techniques for 15 different pine, spruce and fir essential oil species.
Perfect for those looking to deepen their understanding of chemistry as it relates to aromatherapy, this class focuses on conifer oils that share similar qualities and teaches techniques to discover what makes each oil unique.
- Study essential oil blending from a chemical component perspective
- Learn the evidence-based medicinal properties of the main components within the oils.
- Create effective aromatherapy blends by focusing on essential oil chemistry and the therapeutic actions of the components.
The blending section of this class includes video and instructions for many wonderful blends including melt and pour bar soap and a rich cream made from scratch.
We will undertake an in-depth study of the following oils:
Balsam Fir (Abies balsamea)
Black Spruce (Picea mariana)
Douglas Pine (Douglas-fir) (Pseudotsuga menzies)
Engelman Spruce (Picea engelmanii)
Hemlock (Tsuga canadensis)
Norway Pine (Red Pine) (Pinus resinosa)
Pinon Pine (Pinus edulis)
Ponderosa Pine (Pinus ponderosa)
Scotch Pine (Pinus sylvestris)
Siberian Fir (Abies sibirica)
Sitka Spruce (Picea sitchensis)
Utah Juniper (Juniperus osteosperma)
White Fir (Abies concolor)
White Pine (Pinus strobus)
White Spruce (Picea glauca)
- Start the class the moment you complete your registration.
- Work at your own pace and on your own timeline.
- Interact with Andrea and Cindy on an online forum where you can ask questions.
- You have permanent unlimited access to all the course materials and any subsequent updates to the course.
This course is approved for Massage Therapy by NCBTMB and in New York and Florida for 28 hours.
This intermediate level course requires a basic understanding of essential oil chemistry.
Supplies are not included in the tuition.
We have designed a kit of essential oils, carrier oils, and bottles needed to complete the blending exercises in this course. The kit is sold separately through Aromatics International. View the essential oils and supplies covered in the course here: Component Blending Kit
Purchasing the kit is optional. If you have your own essential oils and supplies you may use them. The class can be completed using your own essential oils.