The Free Introduction
to Essential Oils
is a popular class at Aromahead!
It's full of important information about essential oils, and amazing recipes that you can begin blending right away—and it's absolutely free!
Essential oils can enhance so many areas of your daily life. They're often used for immune support, relaxation and sleep, stress relief, emotional balance, skin care, respiratory health, green cleaning, and even muscle tension and pain.
In the class, you'll learn about essential oil safety, how essential oils are produced, and common methods of use. You'll also learn to create a more natural, healthy lifestyle with Aromatherapy.
Andrea Butje, founder of Aromahead Institute, has been studying and teaching Aromatherapy for decades. In this free class, she gives you an excellent foundation in essential oils, safety, and hands-on blending techniques. By the end of the class, you'll know how to make blends for yourself, family, and friends. If you're ready to start learning about Aromatherapy from an experienced teacher, this is the course for you.
You may begin class the moment you register, and study at your own pace.
Meet Your Instructor
Andrea Butje, founder of Aromahead Institute, is an internationally recognized Clinical Aromatherapist who is changing the educational paradigm through her inspired approach to teaching online and creating community.
One of the most innovative online schools in the country, the Institute's elegant and intuitive classroom design makes navigating online learning a uniquely user-friendly experience.
The Aromahead Institute meets the rigorous training and certification qualifications of three highly respected organizations: the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy, the Alliance of International Aromatherapists, and the International Institute for Complementary Therapists.
Since 1999, Aromahead Institute has had an extensive alumni network of international graduates who have gone on to pursue successful careers and businesses rooted in the vast network of the healing arts profession.
As a consultant to importers of high-quality essential oils, Andrea travels the world, building relationships with distillers and small organic farmers. In 2013, Andrea won the Alliance of International Aromatherapists's Lifetime Achievement Award for her innovative, heartfelt work in educating and connecting people involved in all aspects of the Aromatherapy industry—from distillers, to renowned authors, to beginners in the study.
You'll begin to build a solid foundation of knowledge about Aromatherapy, so you can confidently create effective blends for yourself, friends and family.
We will study nine essential oils that have a wide variety of therapeutic effects. You don't need a huge collection of oils to get started with Aromatherapy. You can do so much with just these nine!
- Cedarwood (Juniperus virginiana)
- Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Distilled Lime (Citrus aurantifolia)
- Orange (Citrus sinensis)
- Peppermint (Mentha x piperita)
- Ravintsara (Cinnamomum camphora ct. 1,8 cineole)
- Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanoides)
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata)
You'll learn different ways to use these oils to support physical and emotional well being, creating blends for inhalation and skin application, and how to dilute them appropriately depending on the issue you're blending for. (We use different dilutions for everyday use, acute issues, and children or pregnant women.)
Goals and Objectives
Upon completion of this class, you'll know how to:
- Blend safely with essential oils to create luxurious and therapeutic body products for yourself, friends, and family.
- Make your own delicious, nourishing, all-natural lip balm.
- Use essential oils in your bath . . . the safe way!
- Soothe muscle pain with essential oils (even without massage!).
- Make your own foaming hand soap for your bathroom, kitchen, or office.
- Prevent or soothe a cold, flu, or sinus infection by inhaling essential oils that support the respiratory system. You'll also understand which methods of inhalation offer the most benefits.
- Create Aromatherapy inhalers to bring the support of essential oils with you wherever you go.
- Make natural aromatic massage oils to achieve different effects during a massage, such as stress relief, muscle relaxation, or immune support.
- Understand dilution ratios for daily use, acute issues, and people who need special consideration due to sensitivities.
- Choose the right diffuser for your space, so you can use it to uplift your senses, promote health, and create a beautiful home or workplace.
- Do all this on your own time, at your own pace, and at no charge!
Learning with Andrea provides an excellent foundation for any further Aromatherapy studies you decide to undertake.
This is an entry-level, in-depth class, open to all learners. No previous Aromatherapy training is required.
This exciting, self-study course introduces you to the therapeutic properties
that make essential oils so healing, and how to use essential oils for self care.
The class is completely free!
- You have permanent unlimited access to all the course materials and any subsequent updates to the course content, even after you have completed the program. View each video as many times as you like.
- Start the class the moment you complete your registration.
- Work at your own pace and on your own timeline.
Compliments of the Aromahead Institute!Enroll Now
An amazing resource! This intro class is full of so much great information if you want to learn about using essential oils and how to incorporate them into your life. The class brought me invaluable knowledge that I immediately took to my practice as an acupuncturist and holistic health coach. It was so well received that I then went on to take the Aromahead certification course and my life / career has completely changed. My patients and clients love this addition to my protocol and everyone has benefited from it.
I highly recommend this intro and it's FREE, no better deal anywhere!
- Amy Huasman
Acupuncturist and Health Coach
The Aromahead Free Introduction to Essential Oils class is a must take! This class only takes 3-4 hours to complete at your leisure and is packed full of great information. Learn how to create your own blends safely. This free online class covers nine essential oils and various carriers. Time to jump into Aromatherapy!
I love this class!
- Karen Williams
If anyone is unsure about stepping into the aromatherapy world, look no further. Andrea Butje's free online intro class is the best place to start! It is fun, interesting and helpful. I have now studied Aromatherapy with Andrea for 10 years!
- Paula Begel
I was introduced to essential oils a few years ago when I had a sore low back. I wanted some relief for the pain, but didn't want to take any drugs. A combination of bergamot and Roman chamomile in a little jojoba oil reduced the spasms and I couldn't get enough of the smell! Little did I know how that little aromatherapy blend would change my life. Aromahead Institute's free Introduction to Essential Oils was next! There is so much information there about how to use the oils, set up in a beautiful format, with short, interesting blocks of text and videos to teach you how to make products. And it's free!
You can learn when it works for you and keep coming back to the site as often as you like. In my work as a learning coach, I invited my students to make inhalers to keep their attention sharp. They love them, especially using the citrus oils and peppermint! I got so inspired that I took the next step and did the Aromatherapy Certification Program. What an amazing resource Aromahead is!
- Annie Powell
Anyone may register for this class.
Supplies are not included in the tuition.
We have designed a kit of essential oils, carrier oils, and bottles that would be fun to have while you complete the blending exercises in this course. The kit is sold separately through Aromatics International. View the essential oils and supplies covered in the course here:
Important Note: Purchasing the kit is optional. If you have your own essential oils and supplies you may use them, or you can simply read the class without any supplies.