I like to make my own natural cleaning products. Natural cleaning products are simple to make, effective, and I feel good using them!
This Anti-fungal Cleaning Spray recipe is one I use regularly. The recipe comes from my eBook, Essential Living: Aromatherapy Recipes for Health and Home.
I suggest using this anti-fungal cleaning spray on your shower curtain and damp areas of the bath or shower liberally to prevent mold and mildew (that map picture above is my shower curtain!). We also use this spray to prevent mold on patio furniture and screened porches.
Note: This spray is not for use on the skin.
Makes: One 16 oz (480 ml) spray bottle
15 oz (450 ml) water
1 tablespoon white vinegar
40 drops Tea Tree essential oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
30 drops Geranium essential oil (Pelargonium graveolens)
40 drops Palmarosa essential oil (Cymbopogon martini var. motia)
16 oz (480 ml) PET plastic spray bottle. (I usually prefer glass when blending with essential oils, but PET plastic is known as a non-reactive plastic that doesn’t leach.)
1. Fill spray bottle with 15 oz (450 ml) water.
2. Add the white vinegar and essential oils.
3. Shake vigorously before using.
I recommend making a fresh bottle of this blend every few weeks.
Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)
- Make Sandalwood Rose Essential Oil Perfume - April 24, 2017
- FREE Webinar! All About the New Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program at Aromahead! - April 17, 2017
- How to Nourish Your Heart with Floral Essential Oils - April 10, 2017