Until I published my book, Essential Living: Aromatherapy Recipes for Health and Home, I hadn’t heard much about blog tours for books.
On a book blog tour, you invite bloggers to write about your book, share information with them (in my case, essential oil recipes), and offer some kind of giveaway or contest for a free copy of your book. The idea is to generate some buzz, but I’ve found it to be much more than that.
As I began to explore the idea of setting up Aromahead Institute’s blog tour, I quickly realized how beneficial a tour is for everyone involved. The blogger ends up with a wider audience. The blog’s readers learn something new (in this case, you’re offered some great essential oil recipes!), and they even have the chance to win a free copy of the book. I gain more exposure for the book and for Aromahead Institute. I’ve also had the honor of meeting some extraordinary bloggers, and have discovered so many new blogs that I love!
My book’s blog tour is a little unconventional (imagine that!). I’m not scheduling it the way I would schedule book signings. Instead, I’m contacting bloggers as I find them over the next several months. I send them a free copy of my book in exchange for a review and some kind of fun content or giveaway.
Each stop on the tour will feature something a little different:
- Recipes, including some that aren’t in the book.
- Extra tips for using essential oils in the home and for your body.
- Reviews of Essential Living, and of recipes and products straight from the pages.
- Lots of free giveaways for books!
Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)
- A Cold and Flu Blend for Daytime and Nighttime - January 16, 2017
- A Winter Skin Care Routine with Aloe, Avocado, and Rose - January 9, 2017
- Two Quotes to Close Out 2016 - December 26, 2016