I frequently put a few drops of essential oil on the shower floor in the morning. I love the combination of the hot steam and the aroma of an oil like Black Spruce or Rosemary!
Along with the pure pleasure of the essential oil shower, there are many benefits to the steam and oil combination, especially for clearing congestion from a cold, flu or allergies.
But for kids, it is way more fun to make a Shower Power Flower or Heart than to just drop the essential oil on the shower floor. Plus, kids love helping to make them!
The Shower Power Hearts and Flowers are quick and easy to make, and you can use any shape or mold you like! Here is the recipe:
- 2 cups of baking soda
- about a 1/2 cup water, maybe a touch more
- 5-6 drops of essential oil per Shower Power Heart or Flower (I like 2 drops each of Orange, Cedarwood and Black Spruce.)
- A few cool molds (I like the silicone kind, because it’s easy to pop the finished flower or heart right out.)
How many you make depends on the size of your molds.
Simply make a paste with the baking soda and water, spoon it into your molds, mix in 5-6 drops of essential oil per mold and let it dry. So easy!
I’ve found these Shower Power Flowers need two full days to harden in the molds. I make them, set them aside for two days, pop them out of the molds, and store them in a small leftover container under the bathroom sink.
To use one, simply place it on the shower floor in front of your feet. It slowly dissolves while you shower, releasing the incredible aroma of the essential oil into the air.
I can hear some of you thinking, “Why not just drop the essential oil on the floor of the shower and call it a day?” Seriously, ask your kid if they would rather drop the oil on the floor or have their very own Shower Power Flower or Heart!
Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)
- Teaching Aromatherapy is one of the sweetest joys in life! - March 20, 2017
- Aromatic Carrier Oils and Butters (+ a perfume recipe!) - March 13, 2017
- How To Make Sports Massage Oil with Jojoba - February 27, 2017