Green Cleaning

by Andrea Butje on April 29, 2013

Green Cleaning is better all around!Common household cleaners often contain harsh chemicals.

The problem is that harsh chemicals, while they may clean our surfaces, also affect our bodies in negative ways. The chemicals can be absorbed by our skin, and inhaled–and they can actually enter our bloodstream this way.

Green cleaning refers to using products with environmentally friendly ingredients designed to support your health and take care of the environment. The “power of green” is strong enough to clean our homes, but also supports our immune system and overall health–not to mention, it’s better for the environment.

The following blog posts are recipes for the green cleaning products I make and use daily.

Try them and let me know which ones are your favorites!

The list below is especially cool because:

• you can follow it by clicking the heart.
  • you can embed it into your own blog post by clicking the link icon next to the heart.
  • you can share it on your Facebook page or other social networks, or email it to a friend by clicking the arrow (I would love for you to share it!).
  • you can filter the list by which recipe you would like to see first by clicking the name of the recipe.

View List on List.ly

bästa resmålet i sydostasien 2015 December 10, 2016 at 4:15 am

Ithink I need to check out your site more reguraley.
Great work!

Leah O August 9, 2014 at 6:58 am

Thank you for providing chemical free alternatives for cleaning. As an Independent Norwex Sales Consultant I am very interested in chemical free solutions in my home. If everyone chose just one chemical product to replace it would become a healthier environment for everyone.

Amanda December 4, 2013 at 10:38 am

I usually prefer using natural cleaners that are harmless. They clean efficient enough and are rather safe for my family and the environment.

cleaning products online August 24, 2013 at 6:54 am

I am always in support of eco-friendly cleaning. This is what i was searching for…Wow! Got so many recipes of green cleaning products..i will surely make them!

Agnes Lorincz June 27, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I totally agree with Amanda: “avoid chemicals at all costs”. We cannot know what they can or may do in our body and with our soul.

Shaye Martin June 26, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I use vinegar alot for multiple things when i am cleaning, and i don’t have to worry bout bad reactions to the smell like bleach, which can be over powering. Love this site, Thanks Andrea

Andrea Butje June 26, 2013 at 10:08 pm

About the vinegar-exactly, me too! And thanks for your sweet comment!

Alex Scolastici June 20, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Many thanks for this great list. With a crawling baby and two dogs around the house, it’s nice to know that no yucky chemicals will end up in hands, feet……or paws !

Rosemary Pope June 19, 2013 at 10:44 pm

I started using natural cleaning ingredients when cleaning my home. It’s cheaper and I don’t feel quilty any longer when cleaning my home.

amanda June 19, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Thank you fir this! I try to avoid chemicals at all costs!

Deborah June 19, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Yes, many company’s put good smelling (i.e.Ocean Scent etc.) fragrances in their products to rid of harsh chemical smell…be careful. I cleaned my kitchen with
one of these, thinking, well it smells good. I had a rash on my face for a week after using the product. Yuck.

Mark May 3, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Really don’t like using chemicals. Thank you so much for this list and for taking the time to put it up and share!

Femme Ménage May 3, 2013 at 4:55 am

I’m agree with you. Natural products are strong enough to clean our homes. I use vinegar at home. Thanks Andrea!