Are you having a deodorant crisis? Don’t sweat it! Try this natural deodorant recipe.
There are all kinds of natural deodorants out there, and whether they work seems to be hit-or-miss depending on what’s right for your personal body chemistry. Maybe you’ve even gone on the hunt for a natural deodorant recipe you could make yourself.
I recently made a natural deodorant recipe that is so simple and easy . . . and yes, effective!
Anything that’s going under my arms has got to meet a few requirements:
- Smells good
- Feels good
- Easy to make
Once all that is established, then it’s all about which essential oils to add. That decision is personal of course, but I do have a few suggestions below.
- 1 oz (28 g) organic, unrefined, not fractionated, not deodorized just leave it alone coconut oil!
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp green clay
- 18 drops essential oil (see suggested recipes below)
- One 2 oz (60 ml) glass jar
Customize this natural deodorant recipe with these essential oil blend ideas:
15 drops Patchouli
5 drops Sandalwood
You Smell Like A Rose
6 drops Rose otto
7 drops Palmarosa
7 drops Geranium
10 drops Lemon
5 drops DISTILLED Lime (Distilled Lime is not phototoxic, so be sure to use only the distilled Lime.)
5 drops Sweet Orange
I Don’t Care How It Smells If It Works
8 drops Tea Tree
4 drops Lemon
5 drops Palmarosa
3 drops Eucalyptus
Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)
- Good News to Share! My New Aromatherapy Book is Published! - January 17, 2017
- A Cold and Flu Blend for Daytime and Nighttime - January 16, 2017
- A Winter Skin Care Routine with Aloe, Avocado, and Rose - January 9, 2017