I will never forget the day I knew I wanted to teach Aromatherapy.
At the time, I was running a Massage Therapy school with Cindy Black. We used carrier oils at the school, but I had not focused much on essential oils.
Then one day, I noticed a beautiful catalogue for a new essential oil company, and decided to order some of their oils. When the oils arrived, I used a bit of my new Roman Chamomile in jojoba to massage some tension out of my belly—the tension calmed almost immediately!
I knew then that I had to study these amazing oils more in depth, and that I wanted to teach others about their beautiful effects. I started Aromahead Institute in 1998, and it has changed my life in wonderful ways!
If you have ever taught Aromatherapy, I’m sure you can relate . . .
- Teaching others about essential oils and making natural products is one of the sweetest joys in life!
- It’s so heartwarming to hear feedback from students who have improved their health, or the health of family or friends, with what you’ve taught them about essential oils.
- It’s fun to be able to make your own work schedules as you plan classes!
- You can even travel to new locations to reach more people.
- The relationships you form while teaching Aromatherapy can last a lifetime—there are so many beautiful people involved in Aromatherapy, and all of them love essential oils as much as you!
- Using essential oils in your career is deeply fulfilling.
Right now is a wonderful time for Aromatherapy teachers. Essential oils are becoming very popular, and people want to learn about them from reliable sources. The need for well-informed teachers who can share research-based information about the oils is very high. This means that in addition to having a big impact on students, Aromatherapy teachers can also have a big impact on the profession and the way it is growing!
So keep learning about essential oils and sharing what you know!
Latest posts by Andrea Butje (see all)
- Make Sandalwood Rose Essential Oil Perfume - April 24, 2017
- FREE Webinar! All About the New Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program at Aromahead! - April 17, 2017
- How to Nourish Your Heart with Floral Essential Oils - April 10, 2017