Teaching Aromatherapy is one of the sweetest joys in life!

by Andrea Butje on March 20, 2017

I will never forget the day I knew I wanted to teach Aromatherapy.

At the time, I was running a Massage Therapy school with Cindy Black. We used carrier oils at the school, but I had not focused much on essential oils.

Then one day, I noticed a beautiful catalogue for a new essential oil company, and decided to order some of their oils. When the oils arrived, I used a bit of my new Roman Chamomile in jojoba to massage some tension out of my belly—the tension calmed almost immediately!

I knew then that I had to study these amazing oils more in depth, and that I wanted to teach others about their beautiful effects. I started Aromahead Institute in 1998, and it has changed my life in wonderful ways!

If you have ever taught Aromatherapy, I’m sure you can relate . . .

• Teaching others about essential oils and making natural products is one of the sweetest joys in life!
  • It’s so heartwarming to hear feedback from students who have improved their health, or the health of family or friends, with what you’ve taught them about essential oils.
  • It’s fun to be able to make your own work schedules as you plan classes!
  • You can even travel to new locations to reach more people.
  • The relationships you form while teaching Aromatherapy can last a lifetime—there are so many beautiful people involved in Aromatherapy, and all of them love essential oils as much as you!
  • Using essential oils in your career is deeply fulfilling.

Right now is a wonderful time for Aromatherapy teachers. Essential oils are becoming very popular, and people want to learn about them from reliable sources. The need for well-informed teachers who can share research-based information about the oils is very high. This means that in addition to having a big impact on students, Aromatherapy teachers can also have a big impact on the profession and the way it is growing!

So keep learning about essential oils and sharing what you know!

Shary March 21, 2017 at 4:38 pm

That sounds amazing, I would love to take that class upon completing ACP❤

Andrea Butje March 22, 2017 at 10:12 am

Shary,
That’s so great to hear! Continuing your learning and sharing that learning can have a big impact our the profession!

Emily March 21, 2017 at 11:30 am

I am so excited to enroll in this class! I’m almost finished with the ACP and I’m ready to move on to my next class!

Andrea Butje March 21, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Emily, that’s fantastic! Teaching is one of the joys in my life! I am delighted to have the opportunity to share this with you!

Zandra Loggins March 21, 2017 at 10:23 am

I am so excited! Many thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

Andrea Butje March 21, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Thank you Zandra!
It’s heartwarming to receive your message!

Alisa March 21, 2017 at 9:33 am

When I become certified, I definitely want to enroll in the teacher training!! 🙂

Andrea Butje March 21, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Alisa that’s fabulous! You can have a big impact on the profession and the way it is growing!

Bridget March 21, 2017 at 6:35 am

Hi Andrea,
I know is isn’t the 28th yet, but can you share how long the teacher training class will be for teaching aromatherapy? Either I missed it on the website or it isn’t listed yet. Just trying to plan ahead, since I’m still in the Aromatherapy Certification Program.
Bridget in Tallahassee.

Andrea Butje March 21, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Hi Bridget!
Would you mind emailing me about this and I can share some information with you.
andrea@aromahead.com

Donna March 21, 2017 at 3:25 am

There just isn’t enough hours in the day for me to do all the things you have available or read all the fabulous information you so generously share. Truly appreciated your approach to this life changing subject.

Andrea Butje March 21, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Thank you Donna for your sweet words! I am thankful for how this community enriches my life!

Wendy Wheeler March 20, 2017 at 10:40 am

Hi Andrea, when does your aromatherapy teacher training class open for registration? Also, what are the prerequisites to register? I am looking forward to this class!!! Thank you.

Andrea Butje March 20, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Hi Wendy!
I am excited that we will be emailing all Aromahead students on March 28th about our Teacher Training Class.

Mary March 20, 2017 at 9:12 am

Andrea, you are an inspiration to everyone with all the knowledge you freely share. When I watch you’re videos, they make me smile because your kindness shows through! Thanks so much!

Andrea Butje March 20, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Mary, I am smiling reading your sweet words! Thank you!

Rebecca Bennett March 20, 2017 at 8:45 am

Interested in taking class.

Andrea Butje March 20, 2017 at 3:52 pm

That’s fantastic Rebecca! We can help!! We have many classes to offer at Aromahead Institute. We offer classes for people to study very specific areas of interest, such as Natural Living, or the Conifers in Component Blending or Aromatherapy Certification.

Here is the link to our website where you can find more information about the classes we offer: https://www.aromahead.com

I would be pleased to help guide you in selecting classes. Please feel free to email me any questions you may have: andrea@aromahead.com