Lavender Essential Oil Spotlight Class
Have you ever wished for a class about a single essential oil, so you could study it from multiple angles and really get to know it?
This three-hour online Lavender Spotlight Class allows you to do just that with a popular essential oil: Lavender! The Lavender Spotlight Class features exciting recipes and offers an introduction to Lavender essential oil's chemistry. You'll learn how the natural components linalol and linalyl acetate make Lavender so effective for Aromatherapy inhalers, natural cleaning, pain relief, and more.
You'll also learn about blending for children and making body butters with nourishing carriers. With inspiring and personal stories, Andrea also guides you through the aromas, medicinal properties, and energetics of eight other essential oils Cedarwood, Tangerine, Juniper, Cypress, distilled Lime, Bergamot Mint, Ho Wood, and Coriander. After class, you'll enjoy a recorded Q&A session that includes practical and helpful information on blending.
If you love Lavender, or simply want to learn more about how to use it, this is the class for you! The Lavender Spotlight Class will give you a new way to look at this popular essential oil.
Meet Your Instructor
Andrea Butje, founder of Aromahead Institute, is an internationally recognized Aromatherapist and teacher who is changing the educational paradigm through her inspired approach to teaching online and creating community.
One of the most innovative online schools in the country, the Institute's elegant and intuitive classroom design makes navigating online learning a uniquely user-friendly experience.
Lavender is one of the most well-known essential oils, and in the class you'll learn why it's so famous—it's versatile, gentle, and effective in everything from inhalers to topical blends to natural cleaners.
- Understand the chemical components linalol and linalyl acetate. (They're the reasons Lavender is so effective in such a wide variety of blends!)
- Learn the one quality Lavender brings to every blend it's included in.
- Explore the properties of Cedarwood, Tangerine, Juniper, Cypress, distilled Lime, Bergamot Mint, Ho Wood, and Coriander. (These eight oils share some common traits with Lavender!)
- Hear about the production techniques of marula oil, baobab oil, cocoa butter, avocado oil, beeswax, and Trauma Oil. You'll also learn to use these carriers to make nourishing body butter!
- Get lifetime access to the class in your Aromahead account, as well as a recorded Q&A session with Andrea that includes information on using The Aromahead Approach to make safe, effective blends for children.
- Get PDF downloads of the recipes, slides from the class, and worksheet to help you keep track of important information.
- See exclusive pictures of Lavender and of cocoa butter production from Andrea's trips.
Five recipes that we will explore in this online class include:
- Breathe and Be Calm Inhaler to relieve anxiety for kids
- Adults' version of the Breathe and Be Calm Inhaler
- Sweet Bathroom Lavender Spray
- Lavender Sore Muscle Rub
- Exotic Cocoa Lavender Body Butter
Goals and Objectives
Upon completion of this class, you'll know how to:
- Blend safely with essential oils to create luxurious and therapeutic body products for yourself, friends, and family.
- Make your own delicious, nourishing, all-natural lip balm.
- Use essential oils in your bath . . . the safe way!
- Soothe muscle pain with essential oils (even without massage!).
- Make your own foaming hand soap for your bathroom, kitchen, or office.
- Prevent or soothe a cold, flu, or sinus infection by inhaling essential oils that support the respiratory system. You'll also understand which methods of inhalation offer the most benefits.
- Create Aromatherapy inhalers to bring the support of essential oils with you wherever you go.
- Make natural aromatic massage oils to achieve different effects during a massage, such as stress relief, muscle relaxation, or immune support.
- Understand dilution ratios for daily use, acute issues, and people who need special consideration due to sensitivities.
- Choose the right diffuser for your space, so you can use it to uplift your senses, promote health, and create a beautiful home or workplace.
- Do all this on your own time, at your own pace, and at no charge!
Learning with Andrea provides an excellent foundation for any further Aromatherapy studies you decide to undertake.
This is an entry-level, in-depth class, open to all learners. No previous Aromatherapy training is required.
Lavender is one of the most well-known essential oils, and on the class video you'll learn why it's so famous—it's versatile, gentle, and effective, useful in everything from inhalers to topical blends to natural cleaners.
Once you've purchased the class, you may watch right away. You can rewatch it as many times as you like. Study at your own pace, supported by Andrea when you have questions. There is no required time frame to complete this class.
- Your registration for the Lavender Essential Oil Spotlight Class includes a 2-hour recorded video class, a 1-hour recorded Q&A, a PDF of all the recipes, a PDF of all the slides used in the presentation, and a PDF of resources.
- You have permanent unlimited access to all the course materials and any subsequent updates to the course content, even after you have completed the class. View the recording and Q&A session as many times as you like.
- Start the class the moment you complete your registration.
- Work at your own pace and on your own timeline.
Compliments of the Aromahead Institute!Enroll Now
An amazing resource! This intro class is full of so much great information if you want to learn about using essential oils and how to incorporate them into your life. The class brought me invaluable knowledge that I immediately took to my practice as an acupuncturist and holistic health coach. It was so well received that I then went on to take the Aromahead certification course and my life / career has completely changed. My patients and clients love this addition to my protocol and everyone has benefited from it.
I highly recommend this intro and it's FREE, no better deal anywhere!
- Amy Huasman
Acupuncturist and Health Coach
The Aromahead Free Introduction to Essential Oils class is a must take! This class only takes 3-4 hours to complete at your leisure and is packed full of great information. Learn how to create your own blends safely. This free online class covers nine essential oils and various carriers. Time to jump into Aromatherapy!
I love this class!
- Karen Williams
If anyone is unsure about stepping into the aromatherapy world, look no further. Andrea Butje's free online intro class is the best place to start! It is fun, interesting and helpful. I have now studied Aromatherapy with Andrea for 10 years!
- Paula Begel
I was introduced to essential oils a few years ago when I had a sore low back. I wanted some relief for the pain, but didn't want to take any drugs. A combination of bergamot and Roman chamomile in a little jojoba oil reduced the spasms and I couldn't get enough of the smell! Little did I know how that little aromatherapy blend would change my life. Aromahead Institute's free Introduction to Essential Oils was next! There is so much information there about how to use the oils, set up in a beautiful format, with short, interesting blocks of text and videos to teach you how to make products. And it's free!
You can learn when it works for you and keep coming back to the site as often as you like. In my work as a learning coach, I invited my students to make inhalers to keep their attention sharp. They love them, especially using the citrus oils and peppermint! I got so inspired that I took the next step and did the Aromatherapy Certification Program. What an amazing resource Aromahead is!
- Annie Powell
Anyone may register for this class.
Supplies are not included in the tuition.
We have designed a kit of essential oils, carrier oils, and bottles that would be fun to have while you complete the blending exercises in this course. The kit is sold separately through Aromatics International. View the essential oils and supplies covered in the course here:
Important Note: Purchasing the kit is optional. If you have your own essential oils and supplies you may use them, or you can simply read the class without any supplies.