Online Aromatherapy Courses
Our 235-hour ACP (Aromatherapy Certification Program) is a great way to become professionally qualified in the therapeutic uses of essential oils. Being a Certified Aromatherapist helps people understand your dedication, and creates trust when people are just getting to know you.
- Build a strong foundation for a career in Aromatherapy OR complement your existing career or practice.
- Create blends to support people with specific health challenges… and receive feedback + support from your personal case study instructor.
- Earn TWO certificates – designating you first as an Essential Oil Specialist, then as a Certified Aromatherapist.
The Aromatherapy Certification Program is approved by The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), and the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) — both leading governing bodies for educational standards for Aromatherapists.
We created this certificate option for our students who are ready to deepen their knowledge of essential oils, but don't feel the need for an official certification. This is a satisfying and flexible way to deepen your knowledge of the art + science of Aromatherapy!
- Gain the confidence, credibility, and education you need to share your love of essential oils with the world.
- Get our most in-depth Aromatherapy education – without the extra requirements needed to become a Certified Aromatherapist.
- If you decide you'd like to continue on to become certified later, you can… at no additional cost. (This option never expires!)
Our Essential Oil Specialist certificate is approved by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP), an independent accrediting board for alternative health educational institutions and programs.
Aromatherapy for Natural Living is a 36-hour online course that will leave you feeling confident in your ability to use essential oils for a wide variety of uses.
- Explore 18 essential oils in depth, including their: therapeutic qualities, emotional + energetic properties, safety concerns, blending tips, and more.
- Learn natural remedies for common health issues affecting babies, children + adults.
- Create practical + luxurious home and body care products with essential oils… all with basic tools found in most home kitchens.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This program is approved for 36 CEUs in massage therapy by the NCBTMB – as well as by the Florida massage board.
Our Aromatherapy Teacher Training program is a 100-hour online course designed to make teaching your own in-person Aromatherapy classes FUN and easy.
It includes materials to help you teach 5 different lengths of live, in-person classes on a variety of Aromatherapy topics. You’ll receive detailed outlines for structuring your classes, 52 essential oil datasheets, handouts to supplement your students' learning, supply checklists, and customizable manuals for each length of class.
- Learn advanced teaching skills – such as teaching for different learning styles, and managing different personalities + potential distractions with ease and grace.
- Help your students learn to make a wide variety of products – including body butters, lip balms, foam soaps, inhalers, salt blends, carrier oil blends, and spray blends.
- Organize, price and promote your classes with confidence – so you can stay focused on the part you love most… teaching!
Anyone interested in teaching Aromatherapy classes may register for this class.
Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists is a 36-hour online course that provides a comprehensive foundation for you to use essential oils safely and effectively in your bodywork practice.
This class is led by Andrea Butje (co-founder of Finger Lakes School of Massage and founder of Aromahead Institute) and Cindy Black (co-founder of Finger Lakes School of Massage and founder of Big Tree School of Natural Healing) – experts with decades of practice and study of Massage Therapy and Aromatherapy.
You’ll love their lighthearted and down-to-earth teaching style!
- Grow your business + set yourself apart in a crowded industry by offering Aromatherapy among your skills and services.
- Ease chronic and acute muscle pain naturally – and offer deeper healing to your clients – by using essential oils in your massage practice.
- Take better care of yourself, so you have more energy to give… without feeling drained.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This program is approved for 36 CEUs in massage therapy by the NCBTMB – as well as by the Florida and NYS massage board.
This course is designed for continuing education credits and does not teach massage therapy nor give massage license.
Are you looking for safe + natural solutions to help you prevent (and quickly recover from) colds & flu?
Are you curious about using Essential Oils to support your family’s health and well-being?
How to Protect Your Family from Colds and Flu Using Essential Oils is a comprehensive 3-hour video class on which essential oils you can use to prevent or recover from respiratory infections, WHY the oils work, and HOW to use them.
- Learn to use 5 “powerhouse oils” that are proven to help prevent and reduce symptoms of colds & flu.
- Create a variety of homemade products that boost immunity, reduce germs, and ease symptoms of colds & flu – naturally!
- Confidently choose safe essential oils for children, avoid oils that pose concerns, and adjust your blend amounts for kids.
This is an entry-level class – open to all learners. No previous Aromatherapy training is required.
Body Butters and Lip Balms is a 14-hour online course that will introduce you to blending with natural carrier butters and oils… and quickly immerse you in the process of creating luscious, healing blends for the skin.
- Blend with 14 different carrier oils + butters – and become familiar with their textures, aromas, therapeutic properties, and even the way their colors impact your blends.
- Learn the therapeutic properties of each carrier oil + butter, so you can create blends that address a variety of physical issues – such as scars, pain and inflammation.
- Gain confidence in making your own custom body butters, lip balms, lip gloss, solid deodorants, and massage lotion sticks through a variety of hands-on blending exercises.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This program is approved for 14 CEUs in massage therapy by the NCBTMB – as well as by the Florida massage board.
This 125-hour online course is designed for Certified Aromatherapists who wish to take their essential oil knowledge + blending skills to the next level.
- Deepen your knowledge of essential oil chemistry, so that creating blends based on their chemical components comes easily, and your blends are more effective.
- Use GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry) reports to understand some key medicinal properties + safety considerations of each oil.
- Gain practical, real life experience creating blends to support people with specific health challenges – and receive extensive feedback on your blends from your personal case study instructor.
You’ll also receive a FREE lifetime membership to the Aromahead Institute Component Database – a user-friendly, searchable database that contains extensive scientific research on 67 major essential oil components. Membership is usually $750, but you’ll get FREE access for life when you register for the AGP.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This program is approved for 125 CEUs in massage therapy by the NCBTMB – as well as by the Florida and NYS massage board.
Component Blending is a 28-hour online course where you’ll learn a fabulous approach to blending essential oils, known as component blending.
- Learn to differentiate between 15 different conifer oils (and their therapeutic properties), so you can confidently choose which ones to use for each situation.
- Deepen your knowledge of pine, spruce and fir essential oil chemistry – so that creating blends based on their chemical components comes easily.
- Come up with your own substitutions for any recipe! Once you learn this essential oil chemistry, you’ll never need to ask someone to help you with oil substitutes again.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This program is approved for 28 CEUs in massage therapy by the NCBTMB – as well as by the Florida and NYS massage board.
Viruses and the Immune System is a 21-hour online course that will teach you all about viruses, effective ways to support your health during infection, and how to return the body to a balanced state naturally.
- Understand the structures and life cycles of viruses – and develop a strong foundation for considering how to prevent or reduce viral infections.
- Support the immune system’s natural functions – both to prevent infections, and return the body to health once an infection has set in.
- Learn to think holistically about each person’s situation and how to support their health using essential oils.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This program is approved for 21 CEUs in massage therapy by the NCBTMB – as well as by the Florida massage board.