The Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program
If you've ever wished there were a step-by-step guide to teaching your own in-person Aromatherapy classes, the 100-hour Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program is for you!
This is an online class, teaching you to hold live, in-person classes with students in a classroom.
Andrea guides you in the art of teaching, helping you master everything from teaching students how to make Aromatherapy products, to organizing your class content and supplies, to creating a successful classroom environment. She even teaches you how to find and set up the perfect classroom itself!
You'll be given all of the materials for teaching five different lengths of live, in-person classes—lasting one hour, two hours, three hours, and one and two days. You'll receive class manuals, detailed outlines for structuring your class, 52 essential oil datasheets, handouts to supplement your students' learning, webinars, videos, and more. Andrea walks you through using each of these materials, so you know exactly what to do and how to do it.
The 100-hour Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program online provides you with everything you need to teach your own Aromatherapy classes. Teaching is an exciting, effective way to build your business, connect with wonderful people, and (of course!) share your love of essential oils with others.
Meet Your Instructor
Andrea Butje, founder of Aromahead Institute, is an internationally recognized Aromatherapist and teacher who is changing the educational paradigm through her inspired approach to teaching online and creating community.
One of the most innovative online schools in the country, the Institute's elegant and intuitive classroom design makes navigating online learning a uniquely user-friendly experience.
The Aromahead Institute meets the rigorous training and certification qualifications of three highly respected organizations: the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) and the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists (IFPA).
Since 1999, Aromahead Institute has had an extensive alumni network of international graduates who have gone on to pursue successful careers and businesses rooted in the vast network of the healing arts profession.
As a consultant to importers of high-quality essential oils, Andrea travels the world, building relationships with distillers and small organic farmers. In 2013, Andrea won the Alliance of International Aromatherapists's Lifetime Achievement Award for her innovative, heartfelt work in educating and connecting people involved in all aspects of the Aromatherapy industry—from distillers, to renowned authors, to beginners in the study.
The 100-hour Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program is an online class that includes written lessons, webinars, videos about how to teach blending and making products, class manuals, class outlines, and 52 datasheets tailored to five different lengths of live, in-person classes (lasting one hour, two hours, three hours, and one day and two days). We cover a variety of topics, including:
- The Aromahead Approach to diluting oils
- Teaching students to make products
- Managing different personalities in your classroom
- Pricing your classes
- How to clearly teach essential oil safety
- How to create new classes
- FDA-friendly language for educators
- Different ways students learn
- Supporting yourself as a teacher
- Learning activities you can do in class
- Creating a welcoming classroom
- Ordering the right class supplies
Goals and Objectives
- Become an Aromatherapy Educator: develop the skill and confidence to teach your own live, in-person classes on a variety of Aromatherapy-related topics.
- Learn to teach students to make a wide variety of products, including body butters, lip balms, foam soaps, inhalers, stock blends, salt blends, carrier oil blends, and spray blends. You'll have the fundamental skills to tailor your classes to any specific kinds of blends you like.
- Become proficient at addressing the three different channels through which students learn: the visual, auditory, and kinesthetic, so you can engage students on multiple levels.
- Create a short class (from one to three hours) or a longer workshop (one or two days) based on a unique Aromatherapy-inspired theme (such as "Using Essential Oils to Soothe Headaches"). Engage your students in the classroom with visual material, talks, fun activities, and blending exercises.
- Understand how to use the class manuals, class outlines, and essential oil datasheets, so you can use them to teach in person Aromatherapy classes. Please note: these materials are not designed for use in online classes.
- Develop the teaching skills to manage different personalities and navigate potential distractions during class. You can create a welcoming classroom environment where everyone feels appreciated.
- Learn to calculate the amounts of ingredients and supplies you'll need for your class, and how to organize them so your class flows smoothly.
Once you have enrolled, you may begin your class right away. Students may study at their own pace. Most students finish in 2-3 months, and then continue to refer back to the program for years to come. You have lifetime access to all the program materials.
Imagine Your Future
- Start new Aromatherapy businesses teaching in-person Aromatherapy workshops.
- Support an existing retail business by adding essential oil classes.
- Teach and encourage others to use essential oils in their own lives and careers.
- Present at Aromatherapy Conferences.
Graduates lead live classes and workshops, start new businesses or schools, travel and teach, expand existing businesses, and develop (and lead) thriving communities around Aromatherapy!
Your Teacher Training Program Includes:
- Detailed class outlines mapping out five different lengths of live, in-person classes, lasting one hour, two hours, three hours, one day, and two days. The entire template of each class is provided for you in this online program.
- Class manuals and handouts for each length of class. You can edit these as needed and give them to your own students.
- 52 essential oil datasheets tailored for the five different lengths of classes. Each datasheet includes information on the essential oil's common and Latin names, the plant part it's produced from, the aroma, safety considerations, and ways to use the oil for healthy living. The longer datasheets (for the one and two-day classes) include even more information, such as what the essential oil blends well with, and good substitutions for it.
- The copyrights to the class manuals and datasheets for teaching in-person classes. You can add your copyright information to these materials and edit or adapt them.
- Blending videos and transcriptions, showing you exactly how to teach your students to create beautiful all-natural products.
- Instructional webinars about teaching, organizing a class, working with students, and using the class materials. Some of the webinar topics include managing different personalities and unexpected situations in the classroom, teaching students about blending dilutions, explaining FDA regulations to students, going over safety regulations, and webinars about how to most effectively use the manuals and class outlines provided for you.
- A list of Aromatherapy Resources where you can find wonderful classroom supplies, blending supplies, and ingredients for the blends you'll make with your class. The list accompanies a webinar about supplies that shows you specifically what is being referred to in the text.
- Permanent unlimited access to all the online course materials, videos, and webinars, including any updates to the content, even after you have completed the program.
- Permanent 50% Discount from Aromatics International for your 5 ml, 15 ml and 30 ml size teaching oils.
- If you want to sell oils, you can apply to Aromatics International Premier Teachers Wholesale Program.
The Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program includes access to online material such as custom videos and webinars that cannot be found elsewhere. Andrea walks you through the process of teaching your students to make body butters, lip balms, foam soaps, inhalers, stock blends, salt blends, carrier oil blends, and sprays. There are also inspiring instructional webinars in the class, as Andrea guides you through learning the art of teaching live classes and creating a successful career as an Aromatherapy Educator!
- You have permanent unlimited access to all the online course materials and any subsequent updates to the course content, even after you have completed the program. View each video as many times as you like.
- The class manuals and essential oil datasheets are designed to teach in person Aromatherapy classes. Please note: these materials are not designed for use in online classes.
- Start the class the moment you complete your registration.
- Work at your own pace and on your own timeline.
Before registering, please read the enrollment agreement.
Tuition and Payment Plans:
Pay in Full
- Total Tuition: $2,995
- You Save $205!
- $1,600 Today
- + 4 Monthly Payments of $400, Starting 30 Days From Now
- Total Tuition: $3,200
I'm so glad to have had my teacher training at Aromahead. Andrea provided an incredible beginning for me AND my students. The program provided so much more than a template for workshops— it gave me the tools to teach for a variety of learning types, delivered the skills to handle classroom challenges, and empowered me to create, plan, and deliver everything from a one-hour workshop to a weekend learning program.
Andrea is an experienced teacher, accomplished Aromatherapist, and cherished industry champion. Her relationships with (and learning from) students, distillers, community members, and aromatherapy leaders alike informed the materials and wisdom she shared with us in Teacher Training. Thanks to the insights she shared, the tools she provided, and the resources she gave me, I've been able to offer my students a wide variety of aromatherapy classes and workshops—and my students have raved about ALL of them!
- Kristina Bauer
Uncommon Scents, www.uncommonscentsmovie.com
Once I became a Certified Aromatherapist, I knew I wanted to share my knowledge with my friends, family, and the world! Taking the Aromahead Teacher Training provided me with the confidence and materials to present Aromatherapy to a group of people in a fun and exciting way.
Andrea and her team at Aromahead provide so much thorough information and instructions to create classes and give talks about Aromatherapy. I was able to use the material to host a 1-hour talk, 3-hour class, full day workshop, and a full weekend workshop. Once I completed the Teacher Training, I had all the skills and materials to create and teach custom classes for Yoga Instructors, Reiki Practitioners, Massage Therapists, and Hospice Workers. I would highly recommend this class to anyone who wants to offer their love of Aromatherapy to the masses in an easy-to-learn approach, that empowers people to use Aromatherapy in a safe and knowledgeable way!
- Angie Ehmke
Uncommon Scents, www.uncommonscentsmovie.com
When I signed up for Andrea Butje's Teacher Training Program, I was excited to learn how best to teach Aromatherapy to other excited budding Aromatherapists.
All the teaching outlines and pertinent information is provided in easy-to-offer steps and predetermined curriculum programs, including guidance on supplies needed for effective workshops.
It is Andrea's approach to teaching "how to teach" that really impressed me and gave me long-lasting takeaways from this course. I came to realize that having the knowledge to teach about Aromatherapy isn't enough if you're not a good communicator or sensitive to various ways of learning.
Andrea's Teacher Training Program teaches you how to cater to all types of learning styles, so you can tailor the information for your particular students to understand and remember. And if you are like me, you'll discover more about your own unique teaching style, and how better to learn and teach information! Thank you, Andrea, for opening my eyes and helping me continue to be an effective speaker, educator, and teacher.
- Cary Caster
21 drops, www.21drops.com
If teaching classes about essential oils and Aromatherapy is your goal, taking The Teacher Training Program is a must. The most compelling reason is Andrea Butje, who is at the forefront of educating and creating interesting, intelligent, and stimulating online education in the Aromatherapy community.
The Teacher Training Program is an organized approach to teaching classes of short duration. It works! What permeates throughout all elements of the course is Andrea's obvious passion. She is dedicated to bringing the highest quality of knowledge and her thoughtfulness to every detail is amazing.
Andrea teaches from the heart, and her methods helped me clarify the goals of my classes and build my confidence. I completed my program and taught my first class (a dream come true), and I have repeated it again and again in my own style. This program is well worth the investment if you love the thought of teaching as a part of your work.
- Cha Roberts
Certified Holistic and Clinical Aromatherapist
I have been teaching classes to health professionals for 25 years, and always enjoy taking courses to learn more and to become a better teacher. Hands down, Andrea Butje is the best teacher I have ever experienced. When I took the Aromahead Teacher Training Program, it catapulted me to a new level of confidence and teaching joy. Clearly, Andrea has had decades of teaching experience. There is nothing more satisfying than sharing my love of essential oils through education, and empowering others to utilize them safely and effectively. This highly organized Aromahead program has provided me with all the tools I need to have super successful aromatherapy workshops. All the inspiration, ready-to-print materials, and outlines alone were such a value for the price! In my first three months of teaching aromatherapy classes, I made back my investment in the course and a profit. I am so grateful to the whole Aromahead team!
- Christina Polnyj-Pollman
I have been fortunate to have experienced Aromahead's Teacher Training course. I say "experience" because I am still benefiting greatly several years later. I cannot thank Andrea enough for giving me the foundation and confidence to teach others. Aromahead's Teacher Training class gave me the ability to teach others about the safe use of aromatherapy in a detailed and organized way. This is due to Andrea's well known attention to detail. Andrea is thorough and this class reflects that. I get compliments with every class that I teach about how well the class was put together. I truly owe it to Andrea for creating this wonderful course. This course gives you the ability to create many classes themed towards aromatherapy. This course is a necessity for those wanting to enter the world of teaching aromatherapy. Trying to develop it on your own without help can be tedious and challenging. It will also help in keeping the class captivated with your knowledge, because of Andrea's guidance on how to effectively teach people using various methods. I am so excited that Andrea is offering this class again!
- Yolanda Cathcart
I found the Teacher Training course taught by Aromahead to be comprehensive, and a sound investment. Andrea's vast aromatherapy knowledge and her years of teaching experience, down to the smallest details, were shared with an openness that exudes her warmth and wishes for my personal success.
Not only did I learn how to teach the material in this course, but I also discovered an awareness of my own personal learning style, and how I can utilize that to enrich the classroom experience for my students. This course simplified the process and forever changed my view of adult education. I am indebted to Andrea for all that she has shared through this course.
- Shelia Murray
As a Certified Aromatherapist, RN, and certified educator/trainer of patients and nurses for 30 years, I wondered if Aromahead's Teacher Training would have anything to offer me. Andrea is a gifted teacher and I was quickly inspired to begin teaching aromatherapy classes to the public. The Teacher Training provided all of the details for offering several different types of essential oil classes. Plus, my knowledge of learners expanded as a result of this training! Aromahead's Teacher Training is ideal for someone who has never taught a class, as well as someone who is looking to further perfect their art.
- Denise Joswiak
Clinical Aromatherapist, EssentialHealthMN
My experience with Andrea Butje started in 1995, when I attended massage school. In 2006, I was fortunate to reconnect with Andrea at Aromahead Institute. I completed my Aromatherapy Certification Program and her Teacher Training in the same year! The Teacher Training has improved my personal life as well as my business! Andrea's style of teaching is something I try to emulate when I teach aromatherapy classes. You will be happy you made the decision to learn from Andrea! I still use all the information I have learned.
- Paula S Begel
Anyone interested in teaching Aromatherapy classes may register for this class.
All supplies for teaching your own live classes must be obtained at an additional expense, and are not required for enrollment in the Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program. There are no supplies needed for this online class.