How To Protect Your Family from Colds and Flu Using Essential Oils
"How To Protect Your Family from Colds and Flu" is a comprehensive, three-hour study on which essential oils you can use to prevent or recover from respiratory infections, why the oils work, and how to use them. It's a crash course in keeping your family healthy!
There are a lot of essential oils that offer respiratory support, but in this class we'll study a select group of five versatile "powerhouse oils," and the chemical components in each that make them so effective.
You'll learn which oils make excellent substitutions, and how to identify oils with respiratory supportive components, so you can make adjustments to your blends. You'll also learn how to safely use these powerful oils for children. (The recipes use different oils and amounts for kids than for adults.)
And of course, you'll learn specific recipes you can make immediately to prevent your family from getting sick, or to reduce their symptoms if they do come down with something.
Meet Your Instructor
Andrea Butje, founder of Aromahead Institute, is an internationally recognized Aromatherapist and teacher who is changing the educational paradigm through her inspired approach to teaching online and creating community.
One of the most innovative online schools in the country, the Institute's elegant and intuitive classroom design makes navigating online learning a uniquely user-friendly experience.
The Aromahead Institute meets the rigorous training and certification qualifications of three highly respected organizations: the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) and the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists (IFPA).
Since 1999, Aromahead Institute has had an extensive alumni network of international graduates who have gone on to pursue successful careers and businesses rooted in the vast network of the healing arts profession.
As a consultant to importers of high-quality essential oils, Andrea travels the world, building relationships with distillers and small organic farmers. In 2013, Andrea won the Alliance of International Aromatherapists's Lifetime Achievement Award for her innovative, heartfelt work in educating and connecting people involved in all aspects of the Aromatherapy industry—from distillers, to renowned authors, to beginners in the study.
We will make an in-depth study of five essential oils renowned for their respiratory benefits:
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus)
- Frankincense (Boswellia carterii)
- Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
You'll learn the research-based properties that make these oils so effective against respiratory conditions, and how to identify useful chemical components in other essential oils that make them good substitutions.
We'll make eight essential oil blends:
- A daytime diffuser blend: No One Gets Sick in This House
- Nighttime diffuser blend: Everyone Gets a Good Night's Sleep
- Daytime inhaler blend: Your Sinuses Will Love You!
- Nighttime inhaler blend: Sleep Without Tissues
- Aloe vera based hand cleanser: We Love Being Germ Free!
- Nighttime bath salt: Blissful Sleep Salt
- Daytime chest and neck blend: I Feel Great!
- Nighttime chest and neck blend: Deep, Deep Sleep
Goals and Objectives
After the three-hour class, you'll know which essential oils provide respiratory support. There are a LOT of these, but you'll have a solid understanding of five well-researched powerhouse oils that are incredibly reliable and versatile.
You'll also be able to:
- Use chemistry to decide which essential oils would be good substitutions in your recipes. (Chemistry has never been so easy!)
- Confidently choose safe essential oils for children, avoid oils that pose concerns, and adjust your blend amounts for kids.
- Diffuse essential oils in your home to purify your air and promote everyone's respiratory health at the same time.
- Make inhalers that fit right in a bag or pocket, so everyone in your family can fight respiratory infections even when they're on the go.
- Use essential oils in daily routines (such as during a bath or when cleansing your hands) so you can ward off cold and flu viruses and support immunity.
- Identify other essential oils that offer excellent respiratory support (but which we're not studying in the class) so you can make your own unique and effective recipes.
- Be impressed with yourself for understanding some chemistry!
This is an entry-level video class, open to all learners. No previous Aromatherapy training is required.
This self-study video class teaches you to use five different essential oils to protect yourself and your family from cold and flu viruses. Once you've purchased the class, you may watch right away. You can rewatch it as many times as you like. Study at your own pace, supported by Andrea when you have questions. There is no required time frame to complete this class.
How To Protect Your Familyfrom Colds and Flu Using Essential Oils package includes:
The video, PDFs, and resources in the class are yours—forever! They never expire, so you can return to review the material as many times as you like.
Your purchase of "How To Protect Your Family from Colds and Flu" includes:
- A 3-hour recorded video class that you can watch as many times as you like.
- A PDF of all the recipes in the video.
- A bonus PDF with extra recipes!
- A PDF of all the slides in the webinar, so you can quickly access each one without watching the entire video.
- A list of Aromatherapy resources, including webstores where you can buy quality essential oils, carriers, salts, and blending supplies.
What an excellent class! I learned more in three hours than in the last year of searching the web. Thank you for showing us how to look up substitutions for the different essential oils. I was wondering how I could go about finding substitutions. I was debating as to whether I wanted to spend the money for this course and finally came to the decision that it was about the same cost as one doctor's co-pay so I decided to bite the bullet and splurge. I AM SO GLAD THAT I DID. Thank you! Andrea, you're an excellent teacher. You're so clear and easy to understand. You certainly have a gift.
- Trish Taylor
This was an awesome video/webinar class. It was well worth the money and easy to understand—packed full of information. I have already used some of the blends for family members and really like them. Thanks!!!
- Janet Gentle
I bought this video class and I am so glad. I feel like I've gleaned so much valuable information—not just what to do for symptoms (which is nice too), but tools to figure out for myself how to use oils for different situations.
- Brianna Graber
Andrea's teaching method is so straightforward and easy. I love listening to her teach and share her passion. She is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Aromatherapy but she also taps in to those with even more knowledge so you don't feel that it is only 'her' word. I appreciate that she supports the small businesses and distilleries around the world. Thanks Andrea!!
- Paula Mangum